Ties that Bind OOC - Silverymoon

Shayuri

First Post
Rystil, c'mon. She has Touchsight. She's probably more functional in the dark than either of the rest of us.

I realize you're into character and all, and that's cool...but seriously, if she's going to require this much cajoling to accept relatively simple arguments, then...maybe we could just FF past it? Say something like, "After four hours of discussion, Cassandra decides to go along with it." Or set a Diplomacy DC and have us make a few rolls?

I don't wanna cramp your style, but it's starting to seem like she's just being obstinate at this point...and I know the rest of us wanna get started. :)

(PS - And yes, I know the wizard is being abusive, but there's gotta be a way to deal with that without bringing the game to a halt :))

Shayuri

First Post
lol

...you ever have one of those posts where everything you were typing about resolves itself as you wrote? And then you wind up looking like a total doof?

Sigh.

Apologies to all, and let the fun continue. :)

Shayuri

First Post
It does, kinda. Here's the quote:

"You ignore invisbility, darkness, and concealment, though you must have line of effect to the creature or object to discern it."

Normally invisibility, darkness or concealment would prevent you from targeting. But with Touchsight, you ignore those conditions...thus implying that you -can- target them through Touchsight. Effectively then, Touchsight is a sort of psychic Blindsight, though it can't be shut off by deafening the psi.

That's always been my interp anyway. Perhaps our GM will weigh in with his thoughts on the matter, since I can see that it doesn't explicitly say "yes you can target" with it.

Erudite

First Post
Dear DM and Fellow Players,

My access to the Internet is going to be largely limited to my work time, rather than the time at home. This means that my ability to participate in PbP is drastically affected. I'm not sure how long this will last (most likely several months), and my work connection is s-l-o-w and infrequent. Unfortunately this means that I must withdraw from the games I tried so hard to be in. I apologize deeply for any inconvenience this creates for any of you. I hope to be back at the EN World PbP forums sometime late winter or next spring.

Regards,
Erudite

gabrion

First Post
@Erudite-I'm very sorry to hear that you won't be continuing the game with us, but I understand that sometimes this kind of stuff just isn't possible. Thanks for letting me know.

@Cassy and Jonas-I've pulled up the old recruiting thread to fill the spot with an alt, but you two can continue on for now if you want. Right now you just need to decide which path you will be taking and let me know.

gabrion

First Post
Ok everyone, Erudite couldn't continue with thie game, but keia will be taking his place.

I don't want the game to stop, so here is my proposal. Cassandra and Jonas are travelling from Silverymoon right now, on there way to Citadel Adbar. Depending on which way they decided to travel, they will either stop in Sundabar or Citadel Felbar on the way.

I think the most sensible way to have keia's character join up is to meet up with her in whichever of those two cities you decide to stop in. For this to be smooth, it might be advantageous to have one of your characters know keia's character from the past, giving a good reason for her to help you. Ok, so what this means for each of you.

Keia-Make sure that your background has you ending up in Sundabar or Citadel Felbar (you'll have to watch this thread to see where the others decide to go, but I'm assuming Sundabar at the moment). Once you post your character in the RG I will begin the approval process and hopefully I will have it done by the time they reach the city IG.

Rystil and shayuri-You need to decide which way you will be travelling so that keia can know where her character should be. Other than that, just continue playing the game and hopefully we will have a smooth replacement process.

On a final note, if keia's character is done and approved long before the current characters are ready to reach one of the cities, I may modify this plan. (ie be ready to roll with it keia ;) )

Rystil Arden

First Post
Well, hopefully I've helped make the choice of direction, and with two psions, it becomes even more clear that we want the less-battles-per-day path.

Looking at his history, Aseir and Cassandra probably don't know each other, even though they both travelled north into Waterdeep and then more north into the Silver Marches, based on the timetables of each of their travels. It is also more or less impossible for them to have met before that due to Cassandra being even more south than Calimshan followed by Limbo. As famous psions (if they are famous, I don't know), they may have heard of each other though, since psionics is generally rather rare in Faerun.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Okay found and marked the OOC thread. I haven't read the IC thread as I want to finish the rest of the character details before reading anything about things that may be lacking and such.

I'll work on the character tomorrow afternoon and evening most likely.

Keia

Remove ads