To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Oni

First Post
Lily wobbled woozily, holding her head. Ouch.

Shaking her head she tried to blink away the colours that swam before her eyes. Seeing the warrior with the axe still looming over Raiyek she raised the skull unsteadily. Intoning a new incantation two screaming spirits burst from the eye sockets of her focus and raged toward the axe wielding human raking ephemeral claws across his flesh. The display seemed to incite something in Lith and it reached out with amorphous strands of shadowing harrying the warrior and distracting him.

[sblock=ooc]

D'oh, it never occurred to me that prone might have had errata.

standard: Twin Panthers: vs Ref [Target: axe guy] (1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=19)
Damage (1d8+4=11, 1d8+4=6) Until the end of Lily's next turn, she and her allies have combat advantage when making melee attacks against any enemy adjacent to her spirit companion.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)]
Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
  • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
  • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 5 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
  • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
  • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Normal
AC:15, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:18/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
Grim rocks back on his heels and rubs at his scalp.
[sblock=mechanics]
Standard: Second wind

Grim is at 13/30 and has +2 defense until EONT[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Georg focuses his attack on the gnome, hoping to stop the creature's debilitating spell attacks, the gnome dodges out of the way of the sphere, but it still singes him slightly.

After seeing the dwarf's unusual attack on Grim, Kruk shouts: "I'm going after the dwarf! I can reach him now! I'll keep him occupied! Take care of the others!" With that call Kruk attacks driving forward he swings his axe.
As the dwarf feels the effect of the vicious cut of Kruk's axe as it strikes true, and the lightning blows through the foe's body, Kruk laughs loudly and states "Greeting from my axe! I'm glad I finally had a chance to introduce him to you!"

Kruk, pleased with his first attack, swings again....

"hmmm...my axe seems to like you dwarf. Stick around and I'll have it sing to you...AHHHA HAA HAAA!" Kruk is obviously having fun as he repeatedly takes chunks of flesh from the dwarfs body, even after the other dwarf has stopped moving on the ground.

Grim rocks back on his heels and rubs at his scalp.

Carolina, dazed and confused collects her wits the best she can as she manages to lift her crossbow, level it, and aim towards the head of the human with the greataxe. She fires. "Yessss!" she whispers under her breath as the bolt is a direct hit.

Lily wobbled woozily, holding her head. Ouch.

Shaking her head she tried to blink away the colours that swam before her eyes. Seeing the warrior with the axe still looming over Raiyek she raised the skull unsteadily. Intoning a new incantation two screaming spirits burst from the eye sockets of her focus and raged toward the axe wielding human raking ephemeral claws across his flesh. The display seemed to incite something in Lith and it reached out with amorphous strands of shadowing harrying the warrior and distracting him.

Still dazed from the gnome's spell, the paladin takes a moment to catch his breath and set his defenses.

The gnome quickly fires off a spell at Carolina, a dwarf appears behind her with an axe, but she her mind rejects the illusion. Feeling the burning from Georg's spell, the gnome moves away from it and fires off a bolt of bright colours at the dwarf. It explodes over him and he finds it difficult to concentrate.

[sblock=OOC]
Dwarf dies

Gnome misses Carolina with Spiteful Glamer, but hits Georg with Scintillating Bolt

Axe-wielder marks Raiyek. Axe misses Raiyek. Damn you 25 AC (note: his mark is a free action, he was dazed as well)

Conditions:

Raiyek - Prone, marked by axe wielder, bloodied
Zone - Grease - Difficult Terrain (costs 3 squares of movement from Phantasmal Terrain
Gnome - Used Fade away, Grease, Phantasmal Terrain, Color Spray
Georg - dazed TENT (gnome)
Grim - bloodied

Greataxe: -50hp
Gnome: -32 hp

Init:

Grim - 22 - 13/30 - bloodied,
Carolina - 20 - 13/24 -
Lily - 18 - 18/26 -
Raiyek - 15 - 18/39 - bloodied,
Bad Guys - 11 (higher Mod)
Georg - 11 <- You're up. dazed TENT
Kruk - 8
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
johnmeier1, i'm assuming you're going after the gnome again or that you're going to attack the axe guy from the front. My attack shouldn't change what you're doing so I'll just go ahead.
[/sblock]

Kruk roars in triumph as the dwarf falls. Quickly he turns towards the human with the axe and Raiyek, sparing in a death match. "Keep standing your ground Raiyek, I'm coming to help!" Kruk shouts. He moves forward and then charges the foe with the axe from his backside. Kruk axe strikes the human's back with such force that it rips through armor and sinks into the human's back, blood oozing out of the wound. The human arches his back in pain. "Always keep an eye on an angry dwarf with an axe human!"

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: move to e6
attack: charge e9 and basic melee attack: 1d20+9+1(charge)+2(flank)=22 for 1d10+5 = 14 hp
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]

Adverse Condition: none

Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 48
*Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12
*AC =22
*Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*At will:
Brash Strike
Tide of Iron
*Encounter:
Passing Attack
Parry and Riptose
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable
Thundering Weapon power USED
Cloak Power
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]A couple questions, Mr. DM:
* Grim, Carolina, Lily, and Raiyek are still marked as dazed (TENT) in the initiative block - that's worn off, right?
* Raiyek should have 18/39 hp now since he used 2nd wind last round, right?
* Did Kruk bloody the axe wielder? If he did, anyone adjacent to Lith gets +3 damage to him (which includes me :)).

And you have no one to blame for that 25 AC than yourself :p[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]A couple questions, Mr. DM:
* Grim, Carolina, Lily, and Raiyek are still marked as dazed (TENT) in the initiative block - that's worn off, right?
* Raiyek should have 18/39 hp now since he used 2nd wind last round, right?
* Did Kruk bloody the axe wielder? If he did, anyone adjacent to Lith gets +3 damage to him (which includes me :)).

And you have no one to blame for that 25 AC than yourself :p[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
1 - yes
2 - yes (my maptools file is correct, just forgot to update here)
3 - I'll check tomorrow, I'm not 100% right now, but I don't think so
4 - Yes that is my fault. I guess I need a rust monster to "correct" that little error ;)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Glad to hear it IG, yeah I did my best to take her down, but you know how hard it is to kill halflings.

re: Magic items, do you want to put together a wish list of items or would you rather I picked for you? After this fight there will be a present under the tree for you (possibly one more for others as well).
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg sways with the dizzying blast. He allows the flaming sphere to fade and focuses his thoughts on calling a blast of fire down on the gnome. The flames finally connect directly scorching the fiend.

[sblock=OOC] Dazed, so my one action will be Standard: Scorching Burst on D13
1d20+5=23 (vs gnome Reflex) for 1d6+5=10 (fire damage)
finally a hit. The flaming sphere fades

(status=dazed TENT)
Initiative: +0 Speed: 5 Passive Perception:12 Passive Insight: 17
AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
HP: 20/31 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands