To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

johnmeier1

Explorer
When Carolina returns, Georg nods grimly during her report. It seems that we will have a difficult time approaching by stealth with that watchman present. And with a secured door waiting for us. Perhaps Carolina can disable it before we approach so even if we lack the element of surprise, we can at least get in before all the people inside scatter. Georg looks around for other ideas.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure we can "take out" a sentry as a 2nd level party. Also we probably want to take at least one NPC alive, just remember the Intimidate skill, people![/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
When Carolina returns, Georg nods grimly during her report. It seems that we will have a difficult time approaching by stealth with that watchman present. And with a secured door waiting for us. Perhaps Carolina can disable it before we approach so even if we lack the element of surprise, we can at least get in before all the people inside scatter. Georg looks around for other ideas.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure we can "take out" a sentry as a 2nd level party. Also we probably want to take at least one NPC alive, just remember the Intimidate skill, people![/sblock]

"Watchman?" she asks, surprised. "Where? I didn't see anyone." The halfling is obviously distraught over being so close to danger and not even knowing it.

"Do you think he saw me?"

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg seems to recall something and looks at the door of the warehouse. After some study he turns to the group. There seems to be a magical aura above the door, that may be an alarm very difficult for Carolina to disable. Or it could be a lock, I would need to also be close to examine it. His face turns to a frown as he remembers his lack of skill in stealth.

[sblock=OOC] Whoops, did I read that wrong? I guess if Lily tells us, there is no need to retcon. Sorry.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
A few moments after Carolina had snuck off Lily caught a glimpse of movement. She had nudged Raiyek and motioned with a quick nod of her head toward the warehouse.

There's someone over there, near the door in that alcove. I think they might have heard us, she said in a hushed voice.

--------------------After Carolina's Return---------------------------------------------------

Lily nodded in affirmation of what Georg said about the watchman.

Mmhmm, see look, he's in that alcove over there. I think he may have heard us skulking around over here. But if he saw you he would have raised an alarm wouldn't he?

[sblock=ooc]

How far is the lookout from our position in the alley?

What's the roof like on the warehouse, how hard would it be to access it from the outside?

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
After Lily nudges him and mentions the watchman he didn't notice, Raiyek's eyes flash towards the building in consternation. "Ah, there he is," he whispers. "That could be a problem."

-------- After Carolina Returns --------

"I think Lily's right - if he thought we were a threat, he would have raised the alarm." He looks back across to the roof of the warehouse. "Hmm ... if enough of us can make it onto the roof quietly, we might be able to silence him before he raises the alarm."

"Georg's plan would work as well. If Carolina could open the lock, perhaps we could rush across the street and crash the door down before the sentry can alert those inside."

Raiyek grimaces after saying his piece. "More 'ifs' than I'd like. Does anyone have any better plans?"
[sblock=OOC]So, since it's Perception, I'm assuming that Raiyek could make another check when given reason to check again, right?
Perception for the sentry (1d20+11=30)

To add to Oni's questions, is the watchman keeping tabs on us? Does he notice that we're still in the alley, and did he seem to notice Carolina?

Also, what's this about a magical aura around the door??[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk is about to explode as he finds it very difficult to wait when the anticipation of battle is so close. He says nothing though, remembering what happen last time. ;) Armor makes lots of noise when charging forward.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]So, since it's Perception, I'm assuming that Raiyek could make another check when given reason to check again, right?
Perception for the sentry (1d20+11=30)

To add to Oni's questions, is the watchman keeping tabs on us? Does he notice that we're still in the alley, and did he seem to notice Carolina?

Also, what's this about a magical aura around the door??[/sblock]

[sblock=Raiyek]
You see that the watchman is keeping an eye on you, doing his best not to be noticed, but your keen elven eyes penetrate his bluff easily. He knows where you are, but he didn't seem to notice Carolina when she approached.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Georg will try to "Identify Ritual" on the door. It doesn't seem to have a range limitation, though the whole Arcana skill check description is a bit confusing (4 different cases?) so feel free to apply this role to whatever is actually there:
Arcana 1d20+9=26
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
After studying the arcane aura around the door, Georg turns to his companions. There is an arcane lock on the door, which can be disarmed by one with skill to open a normal lock but more difficult. He nods towards Carolina. However it can also be passed through by those who may know a password, carry a certain item, or be on a "guest list". If we captured the watcher, it might help us get in. Then again, it may not.

[sblock=OOC] The rooftop is worth investigating if renau1g thinks that it would work (uh, how would we enter from it though?) but otherwise we have two options, either "disable" or capture the watchman. Or my approach.
[/sblock]

Remove ads