To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Oni

First Post
Lily tapped her chin in thought for a moment.

Hmm, what if someone just climbed up to the roof to look around? If there's nothing up there then we'll have to use the door, right?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina moves to the nearest wall, thinking it'd be better to climb up at a distance from the sentry and then traverse the rooftops to where they need to be. While roofrunning has never been a problem for her, it is apparent that climbing has never been her forte when she promptly lands on her backside practically before she ever got off the ground.

Climb: 1d20=7

dimsdale

First Post
After Carolina attempts to climb the wall doesn't work, Kruk looks up to the top of the building, then back to Carolina. "Some way or another we got to get you up there. Maybe one of us can give you a boost if we can find a good place where the roof is low." Kruk searches the walls, but can't find such a place. Shaking his head in disappointment, "I'm sorry, I've looked everywhere and can't find such a place."

OOC: perception check: 1d20+3=8

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Arcane Lock also makes it hard to bash the door down, so we probably don't have a chance to smash it down before the watchman can react.

So ... we need to get onto the roof to get the password. Grim is the obvious best choice for this, with +8 Athletics and +9 Stealth, which sucks because he's away. I was thinking if we could get Grim onto the roof, he could drop a rope for Carolina and anyone else we wanted to send up. It shouldn't take long for two strikers to take down one sentry if they can both surprise him.

For what it's worth, if Raiyek leaves his shield behind he can have +4 Athletics and +3 Stealth and get his armor back on with a minor action.

When does Tinwe get back again?[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Let's see a couple things.

I don't know what equipment everyone is carrying, but with a rope and grappling hook just about anyone could climb by taking 10.

Also I think the lookout is at street level, since he's in an alcove near the door so I imagine climbing isn't necessary to reach him, if you all want to visit some violence upon him. Or I could be wrong and he could be above the door.

I don't know, but he might be hard to sneak up on if he's situated in an alcove, but depending on how far away he is some ranged attacks might do the trick.
Looks like ranged attacks and reach weapons are a must.

Of course the more actions it takes to take him down, the more likely he'll alert his compatriots inside.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Actually the alcove/lookout is just over the door, so reach weapons or ranged attacks would be required.
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Ok, how far is our hiding spot from the alcove?

How big is the alcove?

Can we see into it all?

Is it built in such away that I could potentially summon my spirit companion behind him to prevent him from at least physically running back into the building?

[/sblock]

Remove ads