To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yes, I was also wondering about a concerted ranged attack, but I'm not sure it would take him down in one round.

Summoning your spirit behind him could work well, though.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk thinks for a bit. "Hmmm....If Georg summons the spirit, preventing the guy from escaping backwards, the rest of us unload with range weapons...crossbow bolts, throwing axes and javelins and whatever else. He'd be in a state of shock. Maybe if we hit him enough times he might fall from his little cubby hole. We grab him, drag him back into safer grounds and question him about X's base camp. What do ya say everyone?" Kruk eagerly waits for responses from his comrades.

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

I'm assuming you meant Lily, not Georg.

[/sblock]

Lily looked around at the group, trying to figure out what they thought of the dwarf's plan. For her own part, though at little nervous, she was eager to begin their adventure. After considering Kruk's words for a moment she pulled off her backpack and started to rummage around in it.

Come here you..., mumbled Lily. And then finally with a look of triumph pulled from her pack a skull. Heh heh, grinning she buffed the top of the thing with her sleeve.

So when do we start?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek quirks an eyebrow at the skull, but decides not to comment until after he sees what it's for.

He shrugs. "I suppose it's as good as any other plan. It keeps us together, so I guess it's somewhat safer for us." The paladin grabs one of his javelins smoothly and hopefully subtly and looks at Lily, then the rest of the group. "Whenever we're ready." With a small smile he adds, "Preferably quickly, so he won't know what hit him."

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
sorry lily...:)
[/sblock]

Kruk equips a handaxe and nods to the others as to say that he's ready.

[sblock=Grim's actions]
Grim bought a couple javelins also. He equips one as well.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg readies his staff for a moment, but then seems to think better of it. He draws a dagger from his belt and readies it.

[sblock=OOC] You know, if we need to keep sneaking into buildings I should really use Sleep from my spellbook instead of fiery death. Looks like we'll have to fall back on regular attacks.
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Hey all, I'm back. Got back Thursday as planned, actually, then immediately had to head out on an unexpected quick trip over the weekend.

Looks like Dimsdale already did the only sensible thing for Grim atm.

...unless you want me to try to sneak up top and one-shot this guy ;-)[/sblock]

Grim hefts the javelin, testing its weight, and then shrugs. "I wish I were more confident in this weapon, but I haven't had the time to practice much." he whispers "I'm going to see if I can get up there behind that sentry. Anyone have some rope?"

(if anyone has rope, Grim takes it along to pull up Carolina)

"Alright, let's do this. Someone distract the sentry while I move. Toss a pebble at a cat or something." Grim moves off silently into the dark.
[sblock=Mechanics]
+2 on the stealth check if someone can use Aid Another
Stealth (1d20+9=27)
Athletics (climb) (1d20+8=21)
Not sure I'll need it though... ;-)[/sblock]

Assuming Grim makes it to the top of the wall unseen, he lets the rope down for carolina to climb up.

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Lily waits until the others are in position before doing anything.

Once everyone is ready Lily holds the skull out in front of her.

It's time to go to work Lith.

The eyes of the skull flared briefly then and an inky black shape erupted from the darkness behind the lookout. In the shadows it was hard to make out more than a writhing amorphous shape.

Lily seemed to be concentrating hard on the skull she was holding, its empty eye sockets flared again with light and the summoned shadow became a momentary blur of motion.

[sblock=ooc]

I suppose we're ready to go then? Hope so. :eek:

delay until everyone is position and then make with the mojo.

minor: summon spirit companion behind lookout.

standard: Stalker's Strike: vs Fort (1d20+4=20)
Damage (1d10+4=13) and Lily's spirit companion can flank TENT (Lily)

I don't know, the flanking might help if anyone can drop down on the lookout.

Obviously we don't want to kill him, so in the event he's a minion or something, non-lethal please. :)

[/sblock]
[sblock=Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)]
Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
  • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
  • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 5 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
  • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
  • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Normal
AC:15, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Right then. Time to begin." Closing his eyes for a moment, Raiyek prays a brief prayer to Palladys before locking his sight on the sentry and launching his javelin. However, his lack of recent practice with the javelin makes itself apparent as his throw goes wide. Making a frustrated noise under his breath, he quickly draws his second javelin.
[sblock=OOC]Raiyek will also delay until everyone is where they want to be.

Minor: HQ on the sentry.
Standard: RBA with javelin vs. sentry: 1d20+6=10 vs. AC, 2d6+3=10 damage.
Since we're trying to down him fast, burn Elven Accuracy to reroll the attack.
Elven Accuracy reroll (1d20+6=11) I am rather displeased with IC as of late ...
Move: sub for minor, draw 2nd javelin.

Since I forgot to post this earlier - welcome back, Tinwe! Glad to have the crit-machine back in action ;)

To Oni, thanks for the info on Lily's spirit companion. Lith certainly throws around a lot of bonuses! Should help to keep all that in mind.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23(15), Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Valiant Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Remove ads