• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek congratulates everyone on a good fight, then moves towards Kruk and the trap door. Nodding to the dwarf, the paladin says, "I'm right behind you, Kruk. Let's go."
[sblock=OOC]Raiyek will spend two more surges to get to 33/39 hp with 5/11 surges left. I wouldn't mind waiting a few minutes before heading down to let Lily make a little better use of our surges, if she wants.

That fight was pretty fun. Dazed and prone wasn't too fun, but it wasn't bad since it only lasted one round. That axeman sure was tough, though! Absorbed a lot of punishment before he finally went down. [/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 33/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:5/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (2/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kruk leads the way down the stairs with Raiyek at his back, Grim following, and Carolina and Lily providing cover.

The soft light coming up ahead is from an odd structure build right into floor, the tri-stone pillars gently curving as they rise from the ground. The center of the device is the source of the glow, the blue glowing field grows, then shrinks, stretches and elongates, seemingly at random. Arcane sigils glow around the base of the device.

[sblock=ooc]
Yeah he was a higher level elite, who also had a power that let him recover one healing surge worth of hp, so he had essentially 125% of the normal hp for an elite soldier...his job was to keep you locked down while the gnome did his thing. He was essentially a templated Warden.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: skill check arcane: 1d20+1=8

'Hmmm, what do you make of that everyone. I've not seen one of these before. While you guys are figuring it out I need to run back up stairs and retrieve my throwing hammer. Sorry everyone...be right back. I have a habit of leaving things from time to time."

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
his job was to keep you locked down while the gnome did his thing. He was essentially a templated Warden.
Yeah, I figured. That's why Grim started chasing down the gnome. :p
I actually liked that fight quite a bit. My live games always end up with very easy fights, so I like the challenge that some of your stuff brings.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I find in PbP a fewer number of more challenging fights works better than a larger number of relatively easier ones as once the outcome is obvious it becomes little more than a dice rolling exercise.
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
I find in PbP a fewer number of more challenging fights works better than a larger number of relatively easier ones as once the outcome is obvious it becomes little more than a dice rolling exercise.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]That is an excellent point, ren. I'll have to remember that, since I've got a brand new 4e pbp game starting up soon.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yeah, I figured. That's why Grim started chasing down the gnome. :p
I actually liked that fight quite a bit. My live games always end up with very easy fights, so I like the challenge that some of your stuff brings.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I agree
[/sblock]

Kruk returns back down to the room with the rest of his comrades after retrieving his throwing axe. "Any idea what that is?" Kruk states while pointing to the strange glowing mechanism.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads