To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
After Kadaj's touch, Raiyek's posture slackens and the paladin simply stands there, not reacting to the fight around him.
[sblock=OOC]Well, I suppose my actions aren't my own this turn :) No one's in range for me to attack on my turn, so at least I can't do that. Please try not to end your turns adjacent to me - I'd rather not take a swipe at any of you ;)

Save vs. dominated (1d20=1) Booooo! :([/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:23/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:0/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (1/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
Dominated (save ends)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk's head swirls as he feels the world spinning before him. He centers himself and swings at the zombie. "Why wont you die!!" He swings with enough force that it makes the zombie fall back. "Get away foul scum!"

[sblock=actions]
add 2 hp from lily power: Kruk now has 3 hp!
minor: none
movement: none
attack: tide of iron: 1d20+9 vs AC = 25 for 14 and push target north one square
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Georg glances at Kadaj and doesn't notice anything amiss about his touch. He seems befuddled by the zombies resurgence. Remembering the earlier fight, he aims his staff at the creature, causing a burst of fire to envelop it. Stay dead you foul thing! Georg finally seems to be able to move but can't get very far.

Lilth takes another bite out of Brutus and the shaman places the spirit between Kruk and Raiyek, hoping to keep the two separated .

[sblock=Lily's actions]
She'll use that at-will on Brutus - vs ref (1d20+5=16) 1d8+5=8 hits for 8. If they are adjacent to Lith, then Lily and allies gain a +1 to hit and +5 to perception checks. Then she shifts the SC to current spot.
[/sblock]

Kruk's head swirls as he feels the world spinning before him. He centers himself and swings at the zombie. "Why wont you die!!" He swings with enough force that it makes the zombie fall back. "Get away foul scum!"

[sblock=Kruk]
Unfortunately for you Kadaj's aura prevents you from regaining hp :( [/sblock]

After Kadaj's touch, Raiyek's posture slackens and the paladin simply stands there, not reacting to the fight around him. Suddenly he feels compelled to attack Lilth. His glowing blade passes right through the companion and it splits in twain, disappearing into the night. A cry is heard from Lily as she feels the pain of her lost companion.

[sblock=Raiyek's Attack]
vs ac; radiant (1d20+10=17, 1d10+7=15)

Carolina hurls her blade at Brutus and as the zombie is stumbling away from Kruk's bash, the dagger implants itself in the base of its skull all the way to the hilt. It severs its spine and the creature falls to the ground as the dagger reappears in the halfling's hand.

Kadaj pats Raiyek on the back as he moves out of the mud and around Kruk, his eyes focusing on Carolina. "You'll pay for that little one" he spats, hurling a black bolt that slams into her and pins the halfling's legs to the ground. "I'm coming for you!" he shouts.

[sblock=Unlocked Monster Stats]
Kadaj - Will is higher than 18, Fort lower than 20, AC is lower than 23
Man in Plate - Fort is higher than 14, AC is 21, Ref is 17, Will is lower than 19 - dead
Zombie (large) - Ref is 15, Fort is higher than 20, AC is 18
[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Actions]
Kadaj moves and uses Death Bolt on Carolina - vs fort; necortic (1d20+8=19, 1d6+6=9) hits for 9 necrotic and she's immobilized (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Effects:
Havastav - Used disrupting Strike - bloodied
Kadaj - used Hurl into Darkness & touch of corruption - blinded TENT (Carolina); -38 hp
Brutus - used Zombie smash; -41hp, bloodied - dead (for real this time)

Currently everyone is in Kadaj's aura so no hp regained while there.

Initiative:
Baddies
Lily - 19/26 - regen 2 if bloodied <- you're up
Carolina - 5/29 - bloodied, immobilized (save ends)
Raiyek - 23/39 - dominated (save ends)
Kruk - 1/48 - regen 2 if bloodied, bloodied
Georg - 10/30 - regen 2 if bloodied, bloodied

Init (raiyek, carolina, grim, lily, kruk, georg, baddies) (1d20 3=19, 1d20 6=21, 1d20 4=8, 1d20 1=17, 1d20 1=11, 1d20 1=5, 1d20 4=23)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]
Light source is Dim Lighting so if you lack low-light vision or don't have another lightsource, enemies have concealment from you. Difficult terrain is noted on the map. The ring next to the priest is where the column of darkness is coming from. [/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg utters a quick incantation and the light on his staff moves off to follow Kadaj. He moves back from the necromancer, hoping to regain the healing energies of Lily's spell. Once far away he throws fire at Kadaj, but the burst goes past him.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor: Light on H7
Move: Walk to Q9 (off map but no bad terrain right?)
Standard: Scorching Burst on G6 1d20+6=11 vs Kadaj Ref for 1d6+5=8 fire damage
Regen 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
HP: 12/30 Surges: 6/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 0
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave

Burning Hands (used)
Second Wind (used)
Staff of Defense (used)

Guardian Blades (used)
Horrid Whispers (used)

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk staggers, then sets himself, glaring towards the Kadaj. "Your going to have to kill me before I'm through with you. I'll get one last swing at ya before that happens!" With everyone once of power he has left, he first adjusts his cloak, which now glows a light blue...pauses taking a deep breath...then charges on the necromancer, attacking with a sweeping strike. The blade burries deep into the necro's thigh, making him scream in agony. Kruk roars in triumph.

[sblock=actions]
minor: cloak power: gain 5 resistance to all forms of attack until start of next turn
movement: move to I6
attack: brash attack: 1d20+11 vs AC = 28 for 17
[/sblock]

ooc: stats: Kruk has no powers left and 1 hp! Ha ha! Yessss. It doesn't get any better than this! Seriously though, I'll update my stat block later tonight.

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Hey everyone! I'm logging in from my new job so I can't really do a real post, but I wanted to let you all know that it would be about two weeks, maybe a little less before I was back. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Later all. Please don't get killed. :)

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
A moment after Kadaj pats Raiyek on the back, the elf blinks several times and whirls to face the enemy. "How dare you, turn my blade on my friends! You will pay for that, twisted scum!"
[sblock=OOC]A couple questions about Raiyek's attack. I'm guessing that was Holy Strike? It's only 1d10+4 damage if the target isn't marked by me, but that won't really matter this time. But where did the extra +2 to attack come from? Did I have CA against Lilth or something?

Save vs. dominated (1d20=16) Yay![/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:23/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:0/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (1/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=LS]
Sorry about that I just went based off your last attack. So it still would hit and kill the companion. You must've had CA on your last attack roll. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Another one bites the dust

Lily re-conjures Lilth, but the resummoning leaves the spirit somewhat disoriented and the bite is wide of the enemy.

[sblock=Lily's actions]
She'll use that at-will on Kadaj - vs ref; dmg (1d20+5=14, 1d8+5=13) miss...
[/sblock]

Carolina has little choice but to hurl her dagger at Kadaj

[sblock=ooc]
vs ac; dmg (1d20+11=30, 1d4+9=10) almost crit [/sblock]

Raiyek feels compelled to charge forward and slash at Georg, his blade drawing a minor wound on the dwarf.

A moment after Kadaj pats Raiyek on the back, the elf blinks several times and whirls to face the enemy. "How dare you, turn my blade on my friends! You will pay for that, twisted scum!"

[sblock=Raiyek's Attack]
vs ac; dmg (1d20+9=24, 1d10+4=7) hits Georg for 7 (Ardent Strike) [/sblock]

Kruk staggers, then sets himself, glaring towards the Kadaj. "Your going to have to kill me before I'm through with you. I'll get one last swing at ya before that happens!" With everyone once of power he has left, he first adjusts his cloak, which now glows a light blue...pauses taking a deep breath...then charges on the necromancer, attacking with a sweeping strike. The blade burries deep into the necro's thigh, making him scream in agony. Kruk roars in triumph.

Georg utters a quick incantation and the light on his staff moves off to follow Kadaj. He moves back from the necromancer, hoping to regain the healing energies of Lily's spell. Once far away he throws fire at Kadaj, but the burst goes past him.

[sblock=Georg]
You regen at start of turn so nothing this round as you started in the aura, you'll regain 2hp at start of next turn though [/sblock]

Kadaj curses as Kruk's axe slashes into him and pulls out a dagger that he plunges into the dwarf's chest. Even with his enchanted cloak and necrotic resisting armor the wound is enough to put Kruk down. The dwarf falls to the ground unceremoniously. "You're next halfling!" Kadaj promises

[sblock=Unlocked Monster Stats]
Kadaj - Will is higher than 18, Fort lower than 20, AC is lower than 23
Man in Plate - Fort is higher than 14, AC is 21, Ref is 17, Will is lower than 19 - dead
Zombie (large) - Ref is 15, Fort is higher than 20, AC is 18
[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Actions]
Kadaj pulls out a dagger and stabs Kruk - vs ac; dgm (1d20+9=22, 1d4+4+1d6=11) hits for 2, -5 DR & you have resist necrotic so the +1d6 is negated... still enough!!! Finally, I got you down :devil:
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Effects:
Havastav - Used disrupting Strike - bloodied
Kadaj - used Hurl into Darkness & touch of corruption ; -55 hp, bloodied
Brutus - used Zombie smash; -41hp, bloodied - dead (for real this time)

Currently everyone is in Kadaj's aura so no hp regained while there.

Initiative:
Baddies
Lily - 19/26 - regen 2 if bloodied <- you're up
Carolina - 5/29 - bloodied, immobilized (save ends)
Raiyek - 23/39 - very angry
Kruk - -1/48 - regen 2 if bloodied, bloodied, unconscious, helpless, prone
Georg - 3/30 - regen 2 if bloodied, bloodied

Init (raiyek, carolina, grim, lily, kruk, georg, baddies) (1d20 3=19, 1d20 6=21, 1d20 4=8, 1d20 1=17, 1d20 1=11, 1d20 1=5, 1d20 4=23)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]
Light source is Dim Lighting so if you lack low-light vision or don't have another lightsource, enemies have concealment from you. Difficult terrain is noted on the map. The ring next to the priest is where the column of darkness is coming from. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads