To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk arches his back in pain, then collapses to the ground, eyes still locked in a menacing stare at the the necormancer. It's his last view before the world around him fades to black. "Some one...kill...that..bas.ta..." he says, not being able to finish his sentence. Bloods seeps from multiple wounds, forming a small pool to the right side of his body.

ooc: death save: 1d20=7

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Freed from Kadaj's compulsion, Raiyek bounds across the battlefield to stand between the man and Kruk. "By Palladys, we will be your end today! Face me, or feel her wrath!" The paladin makes a vicious slash at Kadaj, hoping to remove this last threat so they can tend to his dying dwarven friend.
[sblock=OOC]Move: to H7
Minor: DC on Kadaj
Standard: Holy Strike vs. Kadaj: 1d20+8=16 vs. AC, 1d10+7+3=12 radiant and 3 untyped damage.

If we don't finish Kadaj this round, I'll burn my standard next round to try to stabilize Kruk.

Probably best if everyone else stay back, I just hope he doesn't recharge that domination power so I might keep his attention. *crosses fingers*[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:23/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:0/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (1/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
Very Angry (lol)
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg finally seems to be refreshed by the healing. He lets the primal energies wash away his wounds then throws a fireball at their remaining enemy. It is easy for Kadaj to dodge. Grrrrr, Kruk! Georg rushes forward to his cousin.

[sblock=OOC] Regen 2 like renau1g noted
Minor: Spend Spirit of the healing flood to heal 11 more
Standard: Scorching Burst on Kadaj 1d20+6=10 :p
Move: Walk to J4 (or do I have to run? DM didn't move me last turn)

With my wisdom I might have a good enough chance to stabilize Kruk next turn...
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
HP: 16/30 Surges: 6/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 0
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands (used)
Second Wind (used)
Staff of Defense (used)
Guardian Blades (used)
Horrid Whispers (used)

Full Character Sheet[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=DM] Whoops, I meant Q9 (which is off the map, but instead of moving UP the alphabet I moved back to the beginning) Just assume I went until the Aura stopped right :) I can run and still make it next to Kruk, how about J6?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Lilth takes a bite out of crime the crimelord.

[sblock=Lily's attack]
vs ref;dmg (1d20+5=20, 1d8+5=7) hits for 7[/sblock]

Carolina can't move, but she hurls her dagger at Kadaj, who easily sidesteps it and the halfling is still rooted in place.

[sblock=ooc]
vs ac; dgm (1d20+11=15, 1d4+9=12)
save (1d20=9)
[/sblock]

Freed from Kadaj's compulsion, Raiyek bounds across the battlefield to stand between the man and Kruk. "By Palladys, we will be your end today! Face me, or feel her wrath!" The paladin makes a vicious slash at Kadaj, hoping to remove this last threat so they can tend to his dying dwarven friend. The blade descends towards Kadaj, but is turned aside by a previously unseen force that flares black for a moment. "Zal'ekthees will no allow me to fall so easily elf" the man taunts.

Kruk arches his back in pain, then collapses to the ground, eyes still locked in a menacing stare at the the necormancer. It's his last view before the world around him fades to black. "Some one...kill...that..bas.ta..." he says, not being able to finish his sentence. Bloods seeps from multiple wounds, forming a small pool to the right side of his body.

Georg finally seems to be refreshed by the healing. He lets the primal energies wash away his wounds then throws a fireball at their remaining enemy. It is easy for Kadaj to dodge. Grrrrr, Kruk! Georg rushes forward to his cousin.

"Very well elf, you wish to battle with steel you have it!" Kadaj says, as he launches a series of feints that Raiyek ignores, however when he really does strike, the blade finds a weak spot in the paladin's armor and causes a deep wound that flares with dark energy.

[sblock=Unlocked Monster Stats]
Kadaj - Will is higher than 18, Fort lower than 20, AC is lower than 23, but higher than 16
Man in Plate - Fort is higher than 14, AC is 21, Ref is 17, Will is lower than 19 - dead
Zombie (large) - Ref is 15, Fort is higher than 20, AC is 18
[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Actions]
Kadaj tries to feint to gain CA - bluff (v. insight) (1d20+12=18) but fails. He stabs Raiyek - vs ac; dmg (1d20+9=25, 1d4+4+1d6=10) hits for 9 damage (after resist 1) <- hey look I remembered this time :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Effects:
Havastav - Used disrupting Strike - bloodied
Kadaj - used Hurl into Darkness & touch of corruption ; -72 hp, bloodied
Brutus - used Zombie smash; -41hp, bloodied - dead (for real this time)

Currently everyone is in Kadaj's aura so no hp regained while there.

Initiative:
Baddies
Lily - 19/26 - regen 2 if bloodied <- you're up
Carolina - 5/29 - bloodied, immobilized (save ends)
Raiyek - 14/39 - very angry and now bloodied
Kruk - -1/48 - regen 2 if bloodied, bloodied, unconscious, helpless, prone, 1 failed death save
Georg - 16/30 -

Init (raiyek, carolina, grim, lily, kruk, georg, baddies) (1d20 3=19, 1d20 6=21, 1d20 4=8, 1d20 1=17, 1d20 1=11, 1d20 1=5, 1d20 4=23)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]
Light source is Dim Lighting so if you lack low-light vision or don't have another lightsource, enemies have concealment from you. Difficult terrain is noted on the map. The ring next to the priest is where the column of darkness is coming from. [/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg looks at Kruk's wounds in frustration. No, no, no! he shouts in frustration. His eyes turn on Kadaj... You, you should be the one dying! The dwarf moves around, threatening with his staff. Thunder sounds out of it and strikes the fiend, pushing him towards the circle and Carolina.

[sblock=OOC] Minor: Look at his wounds and realize I suck at healing
Move: Walk to G6
Standard: Thunderwave on Kadaj 1d20+6+1=19 (vs Fort) for 1d6+5=7 thunder damage and push 2 squares to H9 (forgot bonus for Lith)

Ministats same as last turn
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, feeling the healing powers of Lily bringing him back from darkness, gets up just in time to see the necromacer blow back by the thunderous attack, giving him a chance to charge his foe. "Aye necro...I'm back!" With that, the dwarf forgets all of his pain and charges foward...and looses his balance causing his swing to hit nothing but air. "Aggghhhh!" Kruk screams in frustration. "Next time you'll not be so lucky!"

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: get up
attack: charge to I8: 1d20+9+1 vs AC = 14
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Kruk]
unforunately, you did not receive any hp from Lily's aid, you are just not dying any more so no death saves... sorry. Feel free to roll/go for Carolina vs ac; dmg (1d20+11, 1d4+9) so you're not sitting around doing nothing.

FIRST AID
Make a Heal check to administer first aid.

First Aid: Standard action.
DC: Varies depending on the task you’re attempting.
Stabilize the Dying: Make a DC 15 Heal check to stabilize an adjacent dying character. If you succeed, the character can stop making death saving throws until he or she takes damage. The character’s current hit point total doesn’t change as a result of being stabilized.
[/sblock]

Remove ads