To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek yells in pain as Kadaj's dagger pierces him. The pain returns to anger as he snarls at the evil man, swatting his dagger and arm away as he slashes, landing a divinely empowered cut with his sword.
[sblock=OOC]Standard: Holy Strike vs. Kadaj: 1d20+8=26 vs. AC, 1d10+7+3=10 radiant plus 3 untyped damage. DC continues.
Move: none.
Minor: none.

We're close guys, I can taste it ;)[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:14/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:0/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (1/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
Very Angry (lol)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Lily rushes over to Kruk and puts some bandages on the wounds, the blood loss stops and she shouts "I've got Kruk, just get that guy"

Carolina grits her teeth in concentration and launches her dagger again, the blade sinking deep into Kadaj's stomach, before returning to her hand.

Raiyek yells in pain as Kadaj's dagger pierces him. The pain returns to anger as he snarls at the evil man, swatting his dagger and arm away as he slashes, landing a divinely empowered cut with his sword. The glowing blade causes another deep wound on the enemy's chest.

Georg looks at Kruk's wounds in frustration. No, no, no! he shouts in frustration. His eyes turn on Kadaj... You, you should be the one dying! The dwarf moves around, threatening with his staff. Thunder sounds out of it and strikes the fiend, pushing him towards the circle and Carolina. The man flies through the air and slides along the ground. The man has blood running from his ears as the blast of thunder overcomes him.

He moves to stand up, moving past Carolina and stumbling towards the circle. As he moves close, a black tendril blasts forth from the fire, wraps around Kadaj and he screams in pain. His face contorts and changes into a grey featureless one with large green eyes and a bald head. His rubbery skin continues to undulate and he changes into a dwarf, then into an elf, back to the man you battled, and finally back into the gray form of a doppelganger.

The tendril drags him into the black flames and his cries of pain are short lived as he is enveloped in the fire. The flames become even larger, the heat from them is nearly overwhelming before they suddenly condense in on themselves. A tremendous shockwave erupts once the flame disappears and knocks everyone off their feet. Kruk wakes up after the spectacle ends with Lily's aid.

The sounds of battle from the nearby barbarian town are no longer audible.

[sblock=Real Kadaj]
MM35_PG67b.jpg
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg lies on the ground for a while before getting up. He looks at the stones and slowly approaches, making sure that the ritual is over. Georg sags as it seems the energy of his rage is finally spent, he walks over to Kruk and is happy to see his cousin hale and healthy. Get up, brave warrior. We must undo all Mr. X has wrought.

[sblock=OOC] Look around for anything still "active" around the ritual. Any mystical items around? :) Will stand near Lily and Kruk waiting for my turn at her healing, but this is the last fight, right?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Georg's trained arcane eyes can tell that because the ritual was interrupted before completion and the performer dead the arcane energies that were powering have dispersed.

[sblock=Georg]
The arcane ingredients that Kadaj was using were the eyes that were plucked of his victims. No items here, but perhaps ... you know once you guys seek your rewards there might be more than just jewels.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
It is the last fight :devil: or is it... ;) no..no it's the last one.

Just a reminder, please update your wishlist if you use one, if not, I'll do my best to come up with something approriate.
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock]At least I made it back in time to see the bastard fall...

And yes, it appears that I am officially back now. God love Time Warner... for now.

-IG[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: sorry about the last attack. Obviously it must have been part of a dream that Kruk had when he was unconcious. ;)

Kruk awakens, eyes blurred at first, but then finds Lily tending to his wounds. "Where..where am I?" As his mind recreates the situation that led to his fall, Kruk jumps up and grabs his weapon to attack. Lily then tells the dwarf in a calming voice that the foe is no longer there. "Thank you Lily...I'm...I'm sorry that I wasn't around to see him fall. I would have liked that." Gathering his gear, he walks around the battle ground looking for anything of interest and praising his comrades for a job well done.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=dimsdale]
"Tenchuu needs a name for one of the dwarves Kruk worked with at the Smithy. Can you send him a PM?"

Your inbox is full and you won't accept visitor messages (so Tenchuu PM'd me) [/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek watches the spectacle of Mr. X's undoing, staying on guard for a new enemy to show its face. When the fire implodes and knocks him over, he looks up from the ground to make sure it's over, then collapses back onto the ground and lets his eyes close for a moment.

Once his energy starts to return, the elf stands and cleans and sheathes his sword. "A battle well fought, my friends. I pray this truly is the end of Mr. X, or Kadaj, or whatever his name really was." He glances around the battlefield for a moment, as though looking for something. "It doesn't seem there's anything here for us to take care of. We should make our way back to the village and ensure Chief Kniva and the dwarves haven't killed each other." The elf closes his eyes, sighs, and reopens them. "And then, perhaps, we can rest," he concludes, flashing his friends a wry smile.

renau1g

First Post
The group catches their breath, waiting anxiously to see if anything further threatens them, but nothing does. There is nothing here of interest for the heroes at this spot.

Heading back to the village, you are glad to see that the battle has stopped, the dwarves apparently free of whatever foul ritual Kadaj had conducted to control their minds. The combined humans and dwarves are tending to the wounded indiscriminately.

Suddenly, the towering form of Chief Kniva appears and is bearing many wounds, but the barbarian warrior is smiling even though he's missing a few teeth now. "You do good! You saved all our village we have feast now for you" the man declares and gestures to a few of the humans.

That night and into the morning you are treated to a few casks of dwarven ale that the barbarians have traded with their neighbours as well as some meat from the exotic animals that the Chief had on his wall. The thunder lizard is particularly delicious.

The next morning the Chief will greet you again and thank you again for a job well done. He presents you with the box of gems, inside are an excellent variety of gems that you can quickly split up. Also, there are a few trinkets that the Chieftain presents you with. Georg is given a mighty fine staff, with flames inlaid along its length and the dwarf feels his power as he handles it. Carolina is given a set of leather made from a beast that terrorizes the plains, known as a displacer beast. The black armor can be sent to another dimension, much like the beast can disappear. To Raiyek, he gives a pouch of white powder, telling him that in times when an ally has been defeated place this on them to stabilize their wounds. He additionally gives three potions of healing.

[sblock=ooc]
reward time (finally).

See attached for xp, time gold, and rewards issued since the last approval.

Awesome job guys, you earned it.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Crimelord.xls
    44.5 KB · Views: 287

Remove ads