To The Death

No Way

First Post
As your caravan pulls into Tarn, the first thing you notice is that every other building in the city is dwarfed by the massive arena. Including the attached facilities, it must take up at least 4 blocks. Its postioned right in the middle of the city, and the bazaar has sprung up around it. As you get closer to the arena, you can hear the roar of the crowd, rising even above the merchants hawking their wares. When you pull into the Acer stable, you are dericted to a waiting room outside a large set of double doors. A old gnome tells you that "Master Matte will be with you shortly."

Welcome to the game folks. Feel free to introduce yourselves or whatever else you want. Also, you slackers who havn't gotten something I can turn into an Icon for your PC, I would enjoy having one.

MadMaxim

First Post
Edos jumps off the wagon and looks around.
"So this the famous Acer gladiator guild?" he says in a somewhat impressed tone. He is actually rather excited about the prospect of being hired by one of the gladiator guilds of Tarn. It will give him the perfect opportunity to perfect his psionic skills in a somewhat controlled environment. He snaps out of his daydreaming and turns to face the other passengers from the caravan. He cannot really understand how such a strange combination of people could get hired by the Acer guild, but he chooses to be open-minded about them and their combat skills, so he decides to introduce himself.
"Greetings, fellow travelers! I don't believe I've introduced myself. I'm Edos Galtoras."

OOC: Is it okay, if I use white color for the speech?

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Loopmotten Scheppen the First, martial instructor and soon-to-be gladiator, unwinds from his seat in the wagon and hops off, moving his stiff muscles to get the blood back into them before reaching back into the recesses of the wagon and retrieving his weapon, ignoring the sounds of splintering wood that accompany the action.

Lodging the greensteel blade point-first in the sand at his feet, he surveys his new home, taking in the towering arena with interest. Cocking his head a bit to the side, Loopy listens to the roar of the crowd, smiling broadly. Hmmm... I wonder what that sounds like up close..., he thinks to himself. With a wave of a languid hand and a muttered arcane syllable, he conjures a rush of applause around himself, basking in the sensation before laughing aloud, acknowledging that this is merely a shadow of the real glory to come. Soon, so soon, I'll be able to convince people to adopt a sensible method of defending themselves, a real contribution that can come from these pits. Not that I won't have a little fun while I'm at it, of course.

"Greetings, fellow travelers! I don't believe I've introduced myself. I'm Edos Galtoras."

Loopy turns to face the speaker, and looks him over. Nothing special. Could be anyone. Hopefully won't be disappointing. "Er, hi! Loopmotten Scheppen (the First), at your disposal. I'm new to these parts; a mage of sorts. I get around a lot. Ragtag bunch we have here, eh? Might be a lot of work ahead of us if Acer decides we look like a team!" Though his chattering is affable enough, Loopy is still lost in thought, a fragmented reverie of barely-remembered dreams and future glories.

OOC: Actually, I would prefer a different color, MadMaxim. I use the d20 Modern color scheme, so your white lettering vanishes completely unless I highlight it. Thanks for asking, though. I cast a ghost sound spell during this post, No Way. Do I keep track of slots, or you?

Last edited:

Diirk

First Post
Gerad slowly steps out of the caravan and regards Edos warily... unused to kindness, he's not sure what to make of the strange creature before him. After a moment of pondering he replies, "Gerad. Nice to make your acquaintance."

That done he turns away, examining his surroundings and only half paying attention to the rest of the travellers.

MadMaxim

First Post
Hearing the applause, Edos looks around to spot the audience, but there's nobody in his vicinity who are clapping. He starts thinking: "This must be one of those wizards I've heard so much about. I wonder where he gets the energy from if it isn't the power of his mind? I would see it as a great opportunity to test my psionic powers against his magical powers at some point, but for now we're probably going team up." He looks suspiciously at the dwarf who has just introduced himself as Gerad. "Why is he looking at me like that?" Edos starts to wonder.
"Well, I'm looking forward to working with you my good dwarf." Edos walks over to the double doors, sits down by the wall next to them. "I wonder what my first opponent will be like?" he starts to wonder.

OOC: Even though Edos is an aberration by type, he looks just as human as the next person.

Last edited:

Temujin

First Post
Jules stands behind the small crowd forming inside the waiting room, grunting an acknowledgement at Edos's introduction. Finally, back to the pits. He thinks to himself, remembering the sights and sounds of his past. This time will be different. This time, I am going to cause the mess, rather then cleaning up.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
A small creature, only about six inches tall and covered in blue tatoos hops lightly out of the wagon and surveys his surroundings.

"Ah suppose it'll have te do. And who might you lot be?"

MadMaxim

First Post
"What is that!?" Edos wonders and scratches the back of his head while he's looking at the tiny creature that just jumped from the wagon. "I didn't even notice him. How can this little creature possibly have been hired by the Acer guild? I know it's no good to underestimate anybody until you have seen them fight, but this little fellow could hardly pose a threat to anyone larger than a halfling."

However, he decides to introduce himself to the little creature in order to learn a little bit more about him. He gets up and walks over to the little creature, gets down on one knee and introduces himself once more: "Greetings, my friend. My name is Edos Galtoras. I'm a practitioner of the powers of the mind, and who might you be and what do you do here in this big city? I suppose you're here to become a gladiator for this particular gladiator guild. Am I right?

Kelleris

Explorer
Powers of the mind? Then he must be..

A psion? Loopy glances over at the young man with renewed interest as he speaks with the blue mote. He might even be an elan. I might be able to learn something from this guy after all. Surprisingly durable bunch. Wonder if I can learn how to do that psionic instant-rejuvenation thing that they do from this one? The last time was very... painful.

Now that he's decided that Edos is, in fact, an elan, lack of evidence or no, Loopy decides to wait and see what the rest of the group Acer has dug up can do.

Last edited:

Diirk

First Post
Gerad looked in growing wonder at the odd mixture of people around him. Maybe this time would be different, after all.. these did not have the look of the intolerant tradition bound that he was used to dealing with. Still.. necromancy was a touchy subject for many, best to wait and see.

"Aye," he replied thoughtfully. "A pleasure indeed. I look forward to getting to know the all of you better."

He looked down at his ankles.

"Even you little pixie, you may be small, but if you're here with us then you must be a formidable opponent in your own way.. as unlikely as it may seem."

ooc: oh, sorry, I don't have eberron, so I saw aberration and assumed you looked odd ;)

Remove ads