To The Death

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
The small blue creature grins.

"If ye think I'm an unlikely warrior, I'd be happy te give ye and informal demonstration. I'm here to get paid te fight people, and I've got no qualms wi' startin' early."

Despite this speech he seems fairly affable. In fact it's been a pretty good day. No one has tried to step on him, and no one has laughed at him. He could get to like it here.

Li Shenron

Legend
Regina smiles as the little tattoed grig's speaks.

I think you are right, little sir. And actually, I am a firm believer than in combat, the smaller is the better. Well met then, and by the way, my name is Regina and I'm sure we'll work great together...

No Way

First Post
Nearly as soon as Regina finishes speaking, the double doors swing open, and a rather large human shouts
"Come in! We have much to discuss!"
As you file into the room, you get the feeling that this human is sizing you up like he would a cut of meat or a racing horse.
"Hmmm... It seems that the feild teams have done rather well this time. Welcome to Tarn. Hopefully you will go far in the arena. Nearly everyone you see in this building is or was a gladiator. Gantrik, the gnome you saw out there, was the arena champion once. He gave it up though, and came here. He knows more about running this place then I ever will. Lets get down to buisness. Im going to offer you this contract - you get room and board, along with regular pay, in addition to whatever bonuses you get for winning fights. In return, you fight for my stable."

Last edited:

MadMaxim

First Post
Edos looks at suspiciously at the man: "Well, my good sir. I don't want to be rude or anything. This contract all sounds fine, but I usually don't make deals with people I don't know, and I don't even know your name at the moment. Who are you?"

Temujin

First Post
Jules looks the man up and down, and nods. I will fight for this man. He thinks, noting the mans build, and the gleam of a warrior in his eye.

"I agree to your contract." He states, looking the large man in the eyes.

Jules moves across the room, away from the group, neither looking the others over or caring about their decisions.

Last edited:

MadMaxim

First Post
Seemingly content with the man's reply, Edos says: "Okay, Feng. Your contract sounds fine and I'd be glad to join your guild. Now, that we have the formalities out of the way, could you please show us our rooms?"

Kelleris

Explorer
Loopy glances up at the man who is apparently his new boss, twirling his falchion between his palms (possibly damaging the floor, depending on what it's made of). He glances up suddenly, firing off a rapid string of questions.

"So... Exactly how much are we getting paid? What are the usual rules of the arena? Is spellcasting allowed before entering? Do you provide publicity, and can we promote ourselves or do we need to use Acer factors and agents? Who is in charge of the training around here? Do you have access to an arcane library? Wizards able to enchant our weapons? Are there any Acer-specific rules we should know about? Please, forgive the ignorance of a foreigner." Loopy grins suddenly, his confidence breaking through his curiosity.

No Way

First Post
"Your rooms can wait for a few minutes, while I answer the others questions. You will get a 1500 GP bonus today. After that, you get a variable weekly rate depending on how well you are doing. The rules are:You can not in any way effect your performance before the platforms begin their desecent to the arena floor. That means no potions, no spells, no throwing things at the oppostion, or anything of that sort. The arena judges will also cast a few dispel spells on you right before the platforms being their descent, so none of that stuff normaly works anyway. No casting spells before the platforms begin their descent. No casting summoning spells or spells that effect the opostion while the platforms are descending. You can however cast benefical spells, drink potions, or work the crowd while the platforms go down. No outside interference during the fight. Once the platforms hit the floor, which takes about 20 seconds from when they start to drop, most anything goes.
In each of your rooms there will be a book of rules, so if you have anymore questions about them, either look them up in there or ask Lysander tommorow. If your caught cheating, your team loses the fight, and the crowd heckles you, and you tend to loose quite a bit of standing in the arena.
Lysander runs the training grounds for Acer, which are well stocked with targets and people to spar with. We have a small arcane library, and the local wizards guild has a large one in the city. We don't do any onsite enchanting, although you can easily find dozens of spell casters willing to do it for a price in the bazaar.
For promoting yourself, its generaly considered bad form to go outside the arena and talk about how great you are. However, if you actualy are great, and show it in the arena, word of mouth will spread it quickly enough. Promoting yourself and belittling other gladitors during the fight is encouraged however. Some of the other stables hire people to spread things by word of mouth. We don't. Along with no cheating, no hiring criers, here at Acer, we do not promote interfering with other gladiators. If you rise high enough in the arena, or some of the other gladitors think your a threat to their title, standing, or what not, they may try to remove you from the picture. It has been known to happen.
Any other questions?"
Feng takes a moment to catch his breath. He then looks at the others, waiting.

Remove ads