To The Death

No Way

First Post
If anyone has anything they want to do/know about the rules, throw up a post soon, otherwise I will use my powers to advance time to TOMMOROW edit - through does not = throw.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
No Way said:
If anyone has anything they want to do/know about the rules, throw up a post soon, otherwise I will use my powers to advance time to TOMMOROW edit - through does not = throw.

Well I suppose we are all going to read those rules before we fight :p We already know about how the combat start, but how does it end? May sound like a stupid question, but is it to the death? How does one win a fight... when the opponent dies, drops to the ground 3 times, is unconscious, etc.?

Regina know how to fight effectively while dealing nonlethal damage, and she is not willing to kill an opponent (unless she's fighting a beast or monster) by purpose.

Li Shenron

Legend
Oh and by the way, Regina is definitely casually asking around any hints about what the first fights will be... Individual or as a group? Against which kind of creature? Any specific restriction on weaponry or other tools (such as being mounted or on a carriage)? I suppose there could be quite a variety of battles in this place...

No Way

First Post
A fight is won when the entire oposing team is killed/knocked out/destroyed.

Regina learns that is up to the Arena heads to provide what you are to be fighting, since its your first fight, and thus your trial by fire. Its never announced what will be fought in this sort of match.

Kelleris

Explorer
Loopy returns to his room much later in the evening, after a long day of shopping and occasional carousing, outfitted with the fresh clothes he'll need to make the right impression in a few days. He had originally planned on going looking for trouble with his fellows, but has decided to bide his time for now, in light of events tomorrow.

"Well, that was a good first day in Tarn. I probably should have read The Rules, though. Eh, whatever..."

No Way

First Post
Assuming no one else has anything to add

You are all promptly roused just as the sun is rising by the biggest elf you have ever seen shouting "UP! UP! Come on you worthless maggots, how am I supposed to get you into fighting shape if all you ever do is sleep!"
You can all here groans coming from the other fighters as they roll out of bed. After you are all dressed and ready, the Elf comes up to you. "Hello. Im Lysander, master of training here. Your first fight is tommorow, and its my job to make sure you arn't an embaressement to the stable. Come on, outside with ya."
Outside the rooms is a sprawling training ground. It has everything from straw men for target practice to gladiators already sparring in various rings. "Ok. What do you lot all do? Can't very well train you if I don't even know what your supposed to be able to do."

The tiny grig seems to still be sleep deprived, and just pats his axe.

Kelleris

Explorer
Loopy glances around at the other recruits as they stand there, glassy-eyed and unresponsive from lack of sleep. I didn't even know they made elves that big...

"I'm glad you asked, Sir Lysander. I happen to be a practitioner of the Caelestes Lumenitatis fighting style. We focus on alacrity of mind and celerity of attack, eschewing armor and practicing the mystical arts in an attempt to achieve the maximum possible flexibility in tactics and potential teamwork. In particular, I have developed meditative techniques that allow me to quickly heal a limited amount of bodily harm, allowing me to press the attack far beyond what most enemies expect of someone with such a propensity for, ah... shall we say... adundant temerity."

OOC: I'm attempting a Diplomacy check to impress Lysander with my bearing and proselytizing on behalf of my style. If we're supposed to roll, I got a 16, making the check a 22.5 with Loopy's +6.5 skill bonus. If not, well... Roll high, No Way! Don't want to get fired on my first day... :p

EDIT: Remembered the Die Roller Thanee posted back in the day. You can find the roll (a 15) here, username "Loopy":

http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Loopy#123377

Last edited:

Diirk

First Post
"I attempt to mix magic with my fighting" says Gerad, softly. "Focusing on the necromantic styles of sapping the enemy of his ability to fight, altho I do have some knowledge of other spells as well."

Remove ads