• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the Noble Born. (finished)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
wysiwyg said:
I'd be willing to fill in this gap if it's still available by a human fighter or ranger PC. Why don't you supply me with my family pedigree and I'll do the rest.

How much of a pedigree did you want? the viscount Redwold has several sons and is much taken with hunting and fighting. At the moment he his having a disagreement with his own duke, over his raids into the Grand Duchy of Krov. The raids were for some land that the family used to own in what is now considered to be Krov. You would be Rayburn Hathwick's cousin.

A ranger would be helpful, as there will be some travel in the wilderness, goblin and animal are good choices for species enemy. If you would prefer a fighter that would work as well.

Zaset - character looks good the familiar is fine, but go ahead and drop athletics or slight of hand to untrained. ill go with rogue 7/bard ranger 6/ for skills.

Zaset

First Post
I made athletics untrained, changed Agatha's int to 6 (as it should be), and added in Alertness to my skills on the sheet. I guess I (or you) can change it whenever she's not around?

And then I posted it, y'know, over there.

wysiwyg

First Post
Thanks for the place.
Sorry for the lateness of making my PC, it's just that I've had this pounding headache making me feel like pooh (not Winnie).
I have been thinking of a background in the meantime though.

wysiwyg

First Post
Just a few more questions & suggestions

Some skill groups group together different skills that use different ability modifiers, e.g. the skills in the Perception group use Int/Wis. Which one do we use to determine the group's modifier?

Also what about racial modifiers? - eg. half elves get a +2 diplomacy but not intimidate, etc.

Languages: In the Conan campaign setting, PC get 1 language every 2 levels due to their exposure and travels.

Gather Information: includes know. local. Maybe it should also include know. geography

Persuasions: maybe perform oratory should also be included here.

Where does sense motive fall into? I would put it in the Gather Information group.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I like the languages, but ill push it back to every 3 levels, I probably don't have as many languages as Cohnan does.

half-elves will get a +2 to persuasion.
Fighters should not normally recieve persuasion as a class skill. But all nobles do so it doesn't affect this game.
Sense Motive - tricky I have seen it rolled into Perception, but why should a ranger have an advantage in catching lies?
I see it with a closer link to Diplomacy - but it uses a different stat.
Really I should survey who gets it as a class skill and cross ref what other skills accompany it, or surf the HR forum for other solutions, but I lack the time.
Anyone else have suggestions?

I see knowlege geograpy as seperate from kn:local or gather info, more of a wilderness/mapping skill, while the other two are learned from talking to people, current events etc.

wysiwyg

First Post
Took a while (because of the equipement mainly). Still need to write down my PC's background.

[sblock=Jason Aurelius]
Class: Fighter 1st/Ranger 1st
HP: 16 (1d10+1d8+2)
XP: 1,000
Alignment: NG
Deity: Ehlonna

Race: Human
Height: 6"3
Weight: 180lb
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Blond
Skin: Tanned

Str: 14 +2 (06p.) Level: 2
Dex: 14 +2 (06p.) BAB: +2
Con: 12 +1 (04p.) Grapple: +4
Int: 12 +1 (04p.) Speed: 30'
Wis: 12 +1 (04p.) Init: +6
Cha: 12 +1 (04p.) ACP: 0
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Armor: 22 10(base) +5(armor) +5(shield) +2(dex)
Touch: 12
Flatfooted: 15

Fort: +5 = 4(base) +1(con)
Ref: +4 = 2(base) +2(dex)
Will: +1 = 0(base) +1(wis)

Longsword: +6 (1d8+2, 19-20/x2)
Longbow: +5 (1d8+2, 20x3) or +6 (1d8+3, 20x3) within 30'
[/sblock]

[sblock=Languages, Feats, Abilities & Skills]
Languages: Reintish, Elvish
Abilities: 1st favored enemy (human), Track, wild empathy
Feats: Weapon focus: Longsword, Improved initiative, Point blank shot

Trained Skills
Acrobatics: +8
Athletics: +8
Gather Information: +7
Horsemanship: +7
Perceptions: +7
Persuasion: +7
Stealth: +8
Survival: +7
[/sblock]

[sblock=Personal Gear]
Equipment: Cost Weight
Mithril Chain shirt +1 2,100gp XXlb
Kite(tower) shield +1 1,030gp XXlb
Longsword MW 315gp XXlb
Longbow MW (Str+2) 600gp
Quiver 20 arrows 1gp
Signet ring 5gp
Heavy warhorse 200gp
Military saddle 20gp
Bit and bridle 2gp
Saddlebags 4gp
Waterskin 1gp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Retaines & Gear]
Squire: Geoffrey, Human, Warrior 1st. Monthly wages: 10gp
Servant: Harold, Commoner 1st. Monthly wages: 10gp

Wealth: 50pp, 20gp, 40sp, 31cp

[sblock=Gear]
Equipement
1 x Backpack (empty)
3 x Bedroll
3 x Blanket, winter
1 x Bucket (empty)
50 x Candle
1 x Crowbar
10 x Firewood (per day)
5 x Fishhook
10 x Flask (empty)
1 x Flint and steel
1 x Hammer
5 x Jug, clay
5 x Oil (1-pint flask)
1 x Pitcher, clay
10 x Piton
2 x Pot, iron
1 x Pouch, belt (empty)
1 x Rope, hempen (50 ft.)
10 x Sack (empty)
1 x Signal whistle
4 x Soap (per lb.)
1 x Spade or shovel
2 x Tent
20 x Torch
10 x Waterskin
1 x Whetstone

Food
1 x Ale, Gallon
20 x Bread, per loaf
2 x Cheese, hunk of
10 x Meat, chunk of
1 x Wine, Fine (bottle)
1 x Assortment of spices

Livestock
2 x Light riding horses
2 x Donkey
2 x Saddles

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
I see knowlege geograpy as seperate from kn:local or gather info, more of a wilderness/mapping skill, while the other two are learned from talking to people, current events etc.

Is it part of Survival then?

BTW: I see my equipement came out illegible. I'll have to spend some time fixing it.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
wysiwyg - I guess it was 3.0 that restricted rangers from taking their own species. Your father probably has it, but he has spent a lot of time fighting wars and has a very bloody outlook.

The tower shield gives you a -2 to attack when using it. (please add a line under combat to reflect this.)

The help is not supposed to be accompanying you, aside from the cleric. It was a fair journey to the count's fortress, and your men could have accompanied you this far.

If you are planning on arguing, changing or avoiding this, the dinner is a good time to bring it up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads