• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Todd's FR adventure: On the Merchant Road. Part I

Seonaid

Explorer
Kiralin would smile, were the situation less somber. Instead, she grips her sword and prepares to meet whatever is on the other side of the door.

Seonaid

Explorer
"Of course it's strange," Kiralin replies. "But if the person who wrote the sign is not the one who set the trap, then it makes some sense. Goblins are not the brightest of creatures, so perhaps the author of that"--she shrugs a shoulder in the direction of the other door--"wrote it to remind himself." She readies herself to attack anything behind the non-trapped door, the one they are about to open.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Argent Silvermage said:
"Not to question you all but... Don't you think it strange that the door here is stated as a trap?" Az says.
Killian replies quietly,
"It does na' seem strange ta me.
Thay're remindin' each other not ta go in 'ere.
No mystery I don't think..."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"I'm just under the impression that the trap on that door wasn't laid by the greenskins. I guess they couldn't disarm it so they left something to warn others about it," Saxon adds, "But enough speculation, eh?"

He opens the next door seeing the others look ready.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Az gets a look on his face like he's trying to make a decision and finaly decides that when the others are all trained on the door they are opening he will train his bow on the supposedly trapped door.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Room 9

You open the door.

It opens into a long chamber 50' long and 20' high. Along the walls (perpendicular) are rows of bunk-beds. closer examination reveals them to be old and worn, carved in an elven-motif (Vines and leaves). A great many of them have recently been tipped and vandalized by the new tennants of this place. There is a second door at the far end that meets back with the hall.

See map.
http://home.new.rr.com/schumacher4/merchant_road.htm

Actions?

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Argent Silvermage said:
(OOC: I'm going to hate myself for this)

Az goes back to the trapped door and standing to the side he will open it.

It's spiked shut.

You can't just step to the side and open it. Either the spikes have to be removed or the door bashed in.

Remove ads