• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tomb of Horrors!

Shayuri

First Post
At high levels, traps can usually be circumvented or 'disarmed' by means other than thief's tools. But yeah, it'd be nice to have them.

I could do a bard build, perhaps. A level 17 bard of Valor with Foresight always cast has some potential...

Azurewraith

Explorer
At high levels, traps can usually be circumvented or 'disarmed' by means other than thief's tools. But yeah, it'd be nice to have them.

I could do a bard build, perhaps. A level 17 bard of Valor with Foresight always cast has some potential...
Usually but a long rest is a week long long time to wait for fly. Ah nice one Vlad. A couple of guys with decent perception and we should be set.

In theory the "real" illusions will disarm the traps minor illusion a adamintine plate over the fireing mechanism.

tglassy

Adventurer
Sorry guys, I went to bed last night early. Like, 7. Cause I was le tired.

Yes, Thateous can come! But that makes six, so recruitment is now closed!

We've got a pretty high level party, that's great. To be honest, if I wasn't going to be upping the difficulty, you would probably breeze through the vanilla Tomb. Well, maybe not breeze through, but still. Here's the composition:

Azurewraith - illusionist (maybe /Rogue?)
Vlad the Destroyer - Artificer
Charwoman Gene - Barbarian
Thateous - Monk
Shayuri - Paladin/Warlock?
KahlessNestor - ???

Got some magic and some front line in there. Some utility, which will be helpful.

Ruling on illusions: no rulings needed, the book clearly says the illusion cannot deal damage or directly harm anyone.

magic Item Store:

Lantern of Revealing - 200 gp (But you have to specify how much oil you bring, and buy that separately)
Bag of Holding - 500 gp (cause it's just too good)
Decanter of Endless Water - 200 (I'm glad someone thought of that.)

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ill try get something worked up tonight think I'm going pure wizard or maybe a 1level dip depending how bad I want 8th lvl spells they seem a bit meh tbh

just so you know my character has an ability which gives me lots of utility magic. I took a bag of holding, a lantern of revealing, and a decanter of endless water with three of the 4 I have. So not sure if there is a need for someone else to purchase those items. Though an additional bag of holding wouldn't hurt.

Here is the list if you think I should take at which levels if anyone thinks there is something better to take,

2nd Level:
bag of holding, cap of water breathing, driftglobe, goggles of night, sending stones

5th Level:
alchemy jug, helm of comprehending languages, lantern of revealing, ring of swimming, robe of useful items, rope of climbing, wand of magic detection, wand of secrets

10th Level:
bag of beans, chime of opening, decanter of endless water, eyes of minute seeing, folding boat, Heward’s handy haversack

15th Level:
boots of striding and springing, bracers of archery, brooch of shielding, broom of flying, hat of disguise, slippers of spider climbing

Remove ads