Top Ten Reasons to Buy Sandstorm

Sejs

First Post
I just can't get past the title. Whenever I think about that book, I hear the voice of TV's Frank in the back of my mind as he shakes a bit of sand from his little plastic scoop back into the kiddie pail, mockingly...

"Saaandstorm...saaaaaaaaaandstooorm..."

Starglim

Explorer
Ashworm dragoons and Sand Dancers? Have WotC finally weaseled their way into printing a Dune book?

As for war camels, ask any old school wargamer about Parthian camels. They're more a mountain than desert breed, though.

Testament

First Post
Well, as has been said, Frostburn looked almost Complete Illumian bad from the previews. It turned out to be an excellent book though, hopefully Sandstorm should be similar.

I'll echo the fear about falling into the Egyptian/Arabian trap though. And something tells me that'll be the case. Oh well, can't have everything.

diaglo

Adventurer
Jdvn1 said:
Does anyone else find a War Camel as amusing as I do?

:lol:

i'd smoke it in my younger more experimental days. :eek:

diaglo "filterless" Ooi

P.S. there are more deserts in the Real World than just in Africa. i don't suppose they cover other animals or ways of society besides Ancient Egypt do they?

Gez

First Post
6. Desert Races: Sandstorm describes two all-new PC races, plus desert variants of the classic races. The lithe asheratis can swim through sand as easily as a fish through water, and the goblinoid bhuka are hardy beings well suited to the desert-wandering lifestyle. Badlands dwarves, painted elves, and scablands half-orcs round out the racial variety.​

Huzzah! Huzzah! Hip hip hip Hurrah! Gloria Magnificat! A new elven subrace!!!! That's too cool for words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove ads