Top Ten Reasons to Buy Sandstorm

qstor

Adventurer
Testament said:
Well, as has been said, Frostburn looked almost Complete Illumian bad from the previews. It turned out to be an excellent book though, hopefully Sandstorm should be similar.

Yeah at first I didn't like the reviews of Frostburn but when I got the book I loved it. I'm getting Sandstorm for the Living Greyhawk stuff tied into the book in a new modules. I have it on preorder from Amazon. Of course it will come in July :) But its around 35% off...

Mike

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Mark Plemmons said:
I swear, WotC must have a spy camera implanted in my forehead. Every time I come up with an idea, they're always one step ahead in terms of getting it published. :) d20 is nearly identical to a d12 system I was working on before I hooked up with KenzerCo. And lots of stuff in Sandstorm looks like what I had started for the rules section of the Sands of the Khydoban campaign option. I constantly have this problem with lots of other books too.

Where's the camera?????????????? :uhoh:
Ha! It's not a camera, Mark. Perhaps this may help you:

Attachments

• afdbhead.jpg
    afdbhead.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 68

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
diaglo said:
and their queen Priscilla ...

john, wesley, and patrick will never live it down

Terence Stamp won't live down "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert""

John Leguizamo, Wesley Snipes, and Patrick Swayze were in "Too Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"

Besides, John Leguizamo was in the Super Mario Bros. movie for crying out loud, he has PLENTY to atone for.

diaglo

Adventurer
Charwoman Gene said:
Terence Stamp won't live down "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert""

John Leguizamo, Wesley Snipes, and Patrick Swayze were in "Too Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"

Besides, John Leguizamo was in the Super Mario Bros. movie for crying out loud, he has PLENTY to atone for.

you're right. i got my crossdressing desert movies confuzzled.

Sleepy Voiced

First Post
Sejs said:
I just can't get past the title. Whenever I think about that book, I hear the voice of TV's Frank in the back of my mind as he shakes a bit of sand from his little plastic scoop back into the kiddie pail, mockingly...

"Saaandstorm...saaaaaaaaaandstooorm..."
This is exactly what I think of. Maybe I'm a little to obsessed with a show that has been off the air for six years. . .

On topic, the sandworms and other Dune-ness make me sad. I love Dune, I wanted the Dune D20 book more than anything, but seeing such a transparent hijack of Dune stuff makes me question the creative forces at WotC. Why not come up with a new and innovative idea for a desert dwelling race and their fantastic mounts? Perhaps steal a little stuff from their own IP? Al-Qadim, one of the best settings TSR ever produced, should have provided plenty of fodder. While I too would appreciate non-Egyptian and non-Arabian desert areas, they are pretty iconic. It looks like Egyptian is covered, but I haven't gotten the impression that there is a whole lot of Arabian-type material.
Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this book.

Perhaps they will have another entry in the series titled "Rockclimbing" (a little something for my MSTy brethren).

Remathilis

Legend
diaglo said:
you're right. i got my crossdressing desert movies confuzzled.

Wait... which one had Elrond/Agent Smith in it?

BTW: I'm probably gonna get Sandstorm JUST for the probable fire-related spells and spellcasting stuff. Fire mages rock.

johnsemlak

First Post
I don't think Sandstorm will be heavy on Cultural specific material (real world culture that is). Frostburn had a few references to Nordic monsters (a handful of monsters), but overall it was pretty much vanilla fantasy.

I suspect Sanstorm will be similar. A handful of monsters and other bits will be references to Egytian or Arabian culture, otherwise, it will be fairly generic.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
MrFilthyIke said:
Now I'm getting an image of the Marlboro man...in drag...carrying a white OD&D box.
Is the Marlboro man a paladin? Hm, interesting.

Remove ads