[Trailer] Iron Man

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Does anyone else feel like they just watched all the important points of the 1st half of the movie?

Don't get me wrong, it was a great trailer and it's made me a believer of this movie, but I guess I miss trailers that get me revved up for the film without revealing major plot points. I'm not one to get upset about spoilers, but... we're still like 9 months out. Can't they just maintain a little secrecy?

GoodKingJayIII said:
Does anyone else feel like they just watched all the important points of the 1st half of the movie?

Don't get me wrong, it was a great trailer and it's made me a believer of this movie, but I guess I miss trailers that get me revved up for the film without revealing major plot points. I'm not one to get upset about spoilers, but... we're still like 9 months out. Can't they just maintain a little secrecy?
I get the feeling there's a lot more after he builds the first suit, so they don't have a problem showing us that.

We barely get two glimpses of Iron Monger in the trailer, and they're brief flashes. We know he's the big villain. Methinks there's a lot more and they wanted to show some action without giving away all the 'good parts'.

RichCsigs

First Post
Song question

I recognize "Iron Man" and "Hey Man, Nice Shot" before that, but does anyone know what the techno song playing in the beginning is?

coriolis

Explorer
RichCsigs said:
I recognize "Iron Man" and "Hey Man, Nice Shot" before that, but does anyone know what the techno song playing in the beginning is?

Yes -- it's "Hell Above the Water" from Curve, on their album Gift.

As for '...using that same old tired industrial loop...', I've only heard it once before in a trailer, and it was for the first Spider-Man.

However, they seem to be pretty popular with Hollywood types, since their songs have been used a few times in movies, TV shows or trailers over the years : Curve songs in movies and TV

(Yes, I'm a longtime fan ;) )

Dire Bare

Legend
GoodKingJayIII said:

Eh, for a totally original movie I don't want to see any spoilers in the trailer. But for a movie based on a well-known comic character . . . . are we really "spoiled" by anything we saw in the trailer? I think the point is to show us geekboys the important elements that they got "right"! They want us to go, "OMG! They are doing Iron Monger! And he looks BAD-ASS!!" They don't want us ranting, "Did you see what they did to Iron Monger?!?! He looks like they made the suit out of Oscar the Grouch's trashcan!"

I'm pretty jazzed for this flick. Summer 2008 just can't come soon enough!

Once again I see that it hurts that I am a European Gamer that never read a lot of Comics (aside from Disney Comics, Fix & Foxi and Clever & Smart). I have no idea who this Ironman is. But well, the movie looks like it could be fun...

Based upon the trailer, and despite my better judgment... I'll end up seeing this in the theater.

About all I'm hoping for is a good popcorn action flick.

At least with Tony's womanizing past, having a love interest in the flick makes sense.

Remove ads