• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Traps and Wards (Erekose 13 Judging) [Concluding]

IcyCool

First Post
Animus said:
How hurt are you still? I have 2 scrolls of CLW. I'm willing to use them both if need be.

Guardian looks around to his companions and says, "We should continue on. I can take the lead, but will be unlikely to notice any concealed dangers until it is too late. Gimble, you are skilled in looking for such dangers, though that puts you in harm's way. Do you wish to take the lead?"

OOC: I believe that Guardian is a little less than half healed (6 out of 16 hp). He's probably ok, and those scrolls will only be half as effective on him. Let's continue on with Gimble out front to look for traps (Guardian can step into the "safe" spots first to verify that there isn't a trap somewhere.), assuming Animus is up for that. :D

Patlin

Explorer
The house seems empty. There is a small amount of furniture, most of which is covered with sheets to keep it safely preserved until the owner moves in. Other than ocassional signs of enchantment, such as the fire burning without fuel in the fireplace, it seems to be a relatively normal (though large) house. You make your way through carefully, taking your time, but do not find any traps or other items of interest. The battle map shows the layout of the house.

IcyCool

First Post
"There is a vault here somewhere, did anyone find any sign of it? Look under rugs for hidden basement entrances. Where else might one keep a vault?" Guardian tries to puzzle out the location of the vault while he carefully moves rugs, furniture, and tapestries.

Patlin

Explorer
The group moves the furniture around, as well as the occasional rug. No tapestries are to be found. The search fails to turn up an sort of concealed trap door. On a more positive note, you're convinced that there isn't anything else up here to attack you.

IamTheTest

First Post
Fritz looks at the door inquisitively. It cannot be this easy. Our employers seemed much more cunning than to just have a simple trap door. Perhaps it is trapped.

Animus

Explorer
[sblock=the Map]
Patlin said:
Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z
01  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |
04  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |
05  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |
06  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |3 |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |
07  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |dd|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|[]|  |
08  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6 |  |  |[]|  |
09  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|[]|  |
10  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |
11  |[]|  |  |1 |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |
12  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|[]|[]|dd|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |
13  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |  |dd|  |[]|  |[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |
14  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |dd|  |4 |  |  |[]|[]|[]|  |[]|  |  |  |[]|  |
15  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |[]|  |
16  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |dd|  |[]|  |7 |  |[]|  |
17  |[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |dd|  |  |  |[]|  |
18  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |
19  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|dd|[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |dd|  |  |  |[]|  |
20  |[]|  |  |2 |  |  |  |[]|  |dd|  |dd|  |5 |  |  |dd|  |[]|  |8 |  |[]|  |
21  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |[]|  |
22  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |  |  |[]|  |
23  |[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|dd|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Gi|Gu|i3|Re|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Fr|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

dd = Door
[] = Wall (with occasional windows on exterior, not noted

Gu = Guardian
Fr = Fritz
Re = Rethlin
Fe = Fearalan
Gi = Gimble

Rooms
1 – Master Bedroom
2 – Study
3 – Dining Room
4 – Kitchen
5 – Sitting Room
6 – Living Room
7 – Bedroom 1
8 – Bedroom 2
[/sblock]

OOC:
Let's see...

Taking 20 over ~400 squares would take ~800 minutes, or 13 hours. Not a good solution. I think the best course of action is to take 20 long the walls of all the bedrooms, and the study. Every other square in the aforementioned rooms needs a once over (read: 1 roll). Still going to take a while even with divide and conquer, but it's what I think is best. Suggestions?

IcyCool

First Post
Animus said:
OOC:
Let's see...

Taking 20 over ~400 squares would take ~800 minutes, or 13 hours. Not a good solution. I think the best course of action is to take 20 long the walls of all the bedrooms, and the study. Every other square in the aforementioned rooms needs a once over (read: 1 roll). Still going to take a while even with divide and conquer, but it's what I think is best. Suggestions?

OOC: Agreed. Guardian wants to be sure he gave it his best shot before they give up and declare the vault safe.

Was there anything else inside the wall besides the Manor house? And the house appears to be only one story, correct?

Patlin

Explorer
You thoroughly comb over every piece of the floor plan you can get access to, with no success. It's a large single layer manor, and the vault would almost have to be below the house, but the access to it seems well hidden.

IamTheTest

First Post
Fritz can be seen thinking to himself. Perhaps the answer is slightly less obvious. Maybe we could check behind the fireplace? That seems like an easy place to look over.

Remove ads