Traps and Wards (Erekose 13 Judging) [Concluding]

Animus

Explorer
Gimble Niffledorn

"In the name of the Sovereign of Artifice, I declare this door untrapped," he says with a wink and a smile.

JRYoung

First Post
"With the Sliver Flame to light our path we may enter without fear" Rethlin proclaims as he attempts to open the trap door.

OOC: Did we use healing scrolls on Guardian? If not let's use one now. I'd hate to proceed with him low on hit points...

Patlin

Explorer
Rethlin opens the door, revealing a dark hole with metal rungs fastened into one wall. The rungs appear to lead downward a good distance, but you'll need a light source to determine how far down the shaft goes.

(Guardian had declined the healing scrolls, as I recall.)

IcyCool

First Post
Guardian shakes his head when Rethlin mentions using the healing scrolls on him. "I am currently well, and those scrolls would be best used in keeping the rest of you alive. However, if you insist on using one to attempt to repair me, I will not object as it will allow me to remain func... alive longer to provide what protection I can." He looks down the hole and then back to his companions. "I should go down first. Once I am down, Gimble should follow to look for traps. Does anyone have a light source we could use? Fritz, perhaps you could produce a magical light?"

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: The scrolls will need to be nailed down one way or another in order to proceed. Otherwise, I understand the plan to be that Guardian will go down the ladder, with Gimble following only after the warforged calls an all clear from the bottom. Is that right?

JRYoung

First Post
"Very well Guardian, I'll hold onto the scrolls until you or someone else needs them" Rethlin responds. "I am ready, I will go down after Gimble, may the Flame protect us..."

OOC: decent order: Guardian, Gimble, Rethlin, Fritz

IcyCool

First Post
Guardian nods to Gimble, "Better, and certainly more effective than the Oil. I'll need a light source before going down. A torch would work, if that's all we have. After I get down there, Gimble will follow, then Rethlin, and finally Fritz, agreed?" Once he secures a light source, he'll head down the ladder.

Remove ads