TRM's Second Darkness, a Pathfinder RPG game (closed)

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm considering a either a goblin ranger or rogue. I'm working on a background and then I'll start in on stating it up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Rorgar

[sblock=stats]
Str 16 (5 points to 14, +2 racial bonus)
Dex 13 (3 points)
Con 13 (3 points)
Int 10 (2 points to 12, -2 racial)
Wis 15 (3 points to 13, +2 racial bonus)
Cha 9 (-1 point)

Half-Orc (Chelish heritage).
30 ft. base move, Darkvision, Weapon Familiarity, Orc Ferocity, Orc Blood
Favored Class: Druid
AL: LN

Druid 1
Hit points 16 (HD 10 + 1 (Con mod) +5 (half Con))
BAB +0, melee +3, ranged +1
Fort +3
Reflex +1
Will +4
CMB +3
Initiative +3
Traits: Into Enemy Territory (+1 to Reflex), Reactionary (+2 to Initiative)

AC: 16 - Flatfooted: 14 - Touch 12

Skills (4 class + 1 fav class)
Know (nature) +5
Perception +5
Spellcraft +3
Survival +7
Swim +5

Feats
1st level Dodge

Spells prepared
o - Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance
1 - Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider

Equipment (80 gp):
Leather Armor 10 gp
Scimitar 15 gp
Dagger 2gp
Heavy Wooden Shield 7gp
Holly and Mistletoe -
Spell Component's Pouch 5 gp
Backpack 2 gp
Bedroll 0.1 gp

Wolf-Shapeshift
Str 20
Dex 13
Con 13
Int 10
Wis 15
Cha 9

AC: 16 - Flatfooted: 14 - Touch: 12

50 ft. base move
Att (Bite): +5 / 1d6+5
CMB +5
[/sblock]
------------

[sblock=Background]
[sblock=Image]
Half_Orc_Druid_by_warp_zero.jpg

[/sblock]
Rorgar has lived his early life as a little dog biter in the seedier parts of Riddleport. His first memory is of himself avoiding to become pigmeat beyond the waves. As an orphan who didn't know if all this was a terrible accident or if his own parents tried to hush him, Rorgar had a difficult early life.
His life changed after trying to pick-pocket an elderly man he thaught to be just another soggy plum. The man revealed himself to be a druid and he saw potential in Rorgar. Thinking that better than ending in an earth bath, he followed him. There, he grew strong and wise.
This sect venerates more primal powers an less nature gods like Gozreh. They think they are charged to protect the material realm from otherworldly, unnatural forces (including celestials!).
After the shadow in the sky has become visible from all around Riddleport, the druid elders have performed some auguries, and all the signs point the same way—something or someone in Riddleport is connected to the blot, and it means bad news for the region. Rorgar has avoided the sleazy, dirty town for most of his 'new' life, traveling there only when accompanying his now deceased mentor, and although he doesn’t relish the prospect of going there now, he has little other choice. Fortunately, (PC name) is in town, and Rorgar has heard this friend will be taking part in some gambling thing at a place called the Gold Goblin.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

The Rolling Man

First Post
To Dr. Simon

I did said I wanted random starting gold but I guess the average will be fine for you since you already pick up some equipment. Now, if anyone else wants to take average gold, I'll allow that too. Other then that, Tolly seems fine to me at first glance (I haven't gone into details yet). For your talent, there's one (Mathematical Prodigy) that gives a bonus (+1) to knw arcana and engineering, plus makes one of those a class skill. It's fine by me if you want to pick another knowledge skill to replace engineering and change the flavor of the talent to better fit your background.

The Rolling Man

First Post
To Ambrus

Looking at the 'classic monster revisited' entry for goblins, I've come up with a few bonuses that brings them closer to the pathfinder version of the other races. Tell me what you think.
[SBLOCK=PC Goblin]As the SRD goblin except
  • -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity
  • Goblins get a total bonus of +6 to stealth checks (+4 for size and +2 racial). This replaces the +4 racial bonus to move silently.
  • Weird mind: While scared easily, goblins are also always distracted by all sort of weird things. This makes it hard to magically control them for long and grants them a +2 racial bonus to saving throws vs. mind-affecting spells and abilities.
  • Pyromaniacs: Goblins LOVE fire. When dealing fire damage, add +1 to all dices rolled for damage (this doesn't stack with similar bonuses).
  • Mobility: Goblins gain this feat as a bonus.
  • Weapon familiarity : Goblins are proficient with dogslicers.
  • The favored class of goblins is rogue or bard. This choice must be made at 1st level and cannot be changed.
[/sblock]

The Rolling Man

First Post
To WD

I like the PH2 shapeshifter variant but I don't think I can allow you to pick a domain in addition to that. You already can shift at will with the variant and giving you another 'at will' magical power with a domain would be a bit too much. Losing both wildshape and nature bond is still a lot however, so maybe you could have a little bonus like d10 for HDs or the ability to make the Natural Spell feat work in shapeshift.

As for the 'born acrobat' talent, I'm not against the idea of a talent giving you that bonus but I'd like you to maybe come up with some more background details on how your character ended up being so good at jumping around.

Finally, I got an 8 on 2d6. So, 80 gp for Rorgar (druids are poor).

Voadam

Legend
I'm considering a either a goblin ranger or rogue. I'm working on a background and then I'll start in on stating it up.

Care to bring back the team of Maelicent and Voadam?

Voadam heard Gamad scream and spun around to see the deformed dwarf had once again pulled out the Fragment of the Rod of Law. "I see Darkness, it is coming … Nooooo!" Gamad wailed. Then all turned black as the Queen of Chaos used Gamad's contact to send her power bubbling through the artefact and banish the heroes to the corners of the multiverse with her raw power.

:)

Voadam

Legend
Many considered Voadam touched in the head. The man was said to have called himself "the Green Wizard of Althora" but performed no magics claiming "it works different here" and nobody had ever heard of Althora. He swore by gods nobody heard of and was concerned about the machinations of demons and the forces of Law and Chaos. Still he is friendly, inquisitive, and quick to learn. He's also tough, brave, and ready to step into dangerous situations.

A bearded brown-haired bear of a man with blue eyes dressed in black robes with a green sash.

Voadam was in fact a world hopping, demon-hunting viking wizard who fell afoul of demonic planar magics that banished him to this world as he quested to restore the Staff of Law. He was skilled in spells, bladework, and the lotus petal style of martial arts. On arriving here however he found that magic worked differently and much of his previous lore and powers were now inapplicable.

He has seen many things and is an experienced hunter of evil. Pragmatic, greedy, and mercenary though he may be, underneath he is a good man and can’t help himself from getting involved in the affairs of the worlds he finds himself in. He is currently interested in learning about where he is, recovering his magical powers, and rebuilding a new spellbook. He expects the dark forces at work in the world to draw him into their ambit before too long.

The concept is a Ranger Wizard heading towards either eldritch knight or loremaster, he is rebuilding his magical abilities from the ground up again as he learns of this new world he finds himself in.

Note this is a character I have played before, including in pbp games here (including canadienne bacon's Rod of Seven Parts game with Ambrus' malevolent goblin Maelicent).

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Care to bring back the team of Maelicent and Voadam?
Actually no. I like the idea of a wily goblin and so thought this campaign, with an altogether different set of players, would be a good fresh opportunity to try playing one since my last PBP attempt to do so failed. But I think I'd prefer to try something different if there are to be players around who are familiar with my past characters. :erm:

So perhaps a kobold sneak thief then...

Remove ads