Trouble in the Forest (IC)

WhatKu

First Post
Sounds like fun. Getting killed for profit! I should write a book about. That gnome on the Grey Turtle had that new automatic book making machine working. Finishing off his ale, Kor stares down at his empty mug. "Do I make the cut? I only have a few more nights worth of gold until I have to break open the sea chest. The next job would help pad said chest."

Corinthi

First Post
Piotyr Mendolsohn - Male Human Cleric 12

Piotyr nods at the man's explanation, "Ahh, I see. Very reasonable, I'd say. In fact, I believe there is an orison of my faith that would have a similiar effect. Although I must profess some shock at your poor town's plight. The walking dead you say? Last time I passed this way things were quite pleasant. Certainly, there were a few goblinoid bandits and some savage beasts, but nothing you'd not find in any other wilderness in Faerun."

He takes a sip of his watered wine, perhaps to wet the raspy burr evident in his voice, then looks back to the emissary. "I am a mendicant of Ilmater, and will look into this mystery for your mayor. I am certain that I could find a charitable way to dispense any funds he's offering to the needy."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Quillia and Preena, gnome wizard and her pseudodragon familiar

*Quillia listens to Calimar's speech with some alarm, and her hand involuntarily squeezes Preena close. The pseudodragon purrs, sensing her distress.*

"Walking dead? How awful, I can see why you wanted adventurers to help dealing with it," Quillia says. "I assure you Calimar, I am a thoroughly skilled wizard, and I've dealt with undead a time or two before. I believe Preena and I can help you, with the assistance of other worthy adventurers."

Velmont

First Post
"Innkeeper, that was a good meal, and your dwarf spirit is really good. Can you lead me to my rooms, I want to put my stock in it before I come back to take more of your fine spirit."

Waiting for the Innkeeper, he turn to looks at the elf.

"Well Lad, I didn't even know you where searching for someone for any trouble, but if you need to make some traps to protect the city, or maybe even a good dungeon crawler, I'm your dwarf! My name is Kharas."

The Innkeeper give to the dwarf a key. Kharas take his backpack and go to his room.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
After a night of Drinking and light conversation, you are all led to
Rooms to sleep in, "The rooms are on the house as long as you are
working for the mayor" The inn keeper says.

In the morning after a hearty breakfast for those who want it
you are led to the Mayor's offices and brought in to talk with him
It's the 4 of you and 2 humans one of the dressed in leathers with a
short sword and the other in no armor Long sword and wand in his belt.

The Mayor and Calimar come in a few brief moments later. "This is
the mayor Wilfred." Calimar states. "Good morning all of you, Calimar
has determined that the 6 of you appear to meet the criteria of what
we are looking for to help us with the problems we have." He pauses
for a moment. "Calimar has briefed you on the problems so far.." At this
point Calimar looks up towards the back of the room, Kharas's eyes follow
Calimars gaze to the 2 Humans. The human in leather has pulled a dagger
out and the other has started to cast......

Kharas what do you do??

The rest of you are surprised. The room is roughly 30x30 Kharas the 2 humans
are roughly 15 feet away. Calimar seems ready to act.

1. human leather
2. human no armor
C calimar
w Mayor
Q Quillian
P Piotyr
Ko Kor
Kh Kharas

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x C W x
x x
x Q P Ko x
x Kh x
x x
x x
x x
x 1 2 x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Quillia and Preena, gnome wizard and her pseudodragon familiar

"Oh no you don't, you sneaking cowards!" Quillia snaps, as soon as the shock wears off, snatching a loop of copper wire and a magnet from her spell component pocket. Running the end of the magnet around the loop, she inscribes her hand in a circle and points to the human who is casting. "Zoturum Ged-lee!" she cries, as electricity burns around the casting human.

*Spell done she moves closer to the mayor to protect him from these treacherous people.*

"Be ready Preena," she says to the pseudodragon, though it seems she's talking to herself. Preena pokes her head outside her pocket. She knows what to do. She watches for attack from behind, above, or to the sides. And should anyone try to get through Quillia, she will sting him with her tail.

[OOC: Casting Gedlee's Electric Loop, as soon as I'm no longer surprised. Reflex save DC 17 for half of 5d6 electrical damage in a five foot radius burst centered on the caster]

Velmont

First Post
First, I use my dodge against the human with the dagger.

Second, I charge the caster and hit him with my fist if I have only a half action on the surprise round, and on the next, I draw my rapier and I start to attack the caster.

If I have a full action with my surprise round, I use draw my rapier while closing to the caster and I attack him. And than I full attack on the next round.

OOC: Stats:
Rapier +3: +17/+12 (1d6+3, 18-20/x2)
Unarmed: +14/+9 (1d3S, 20/x2)

Last edited:

Wynter Wolf

First Post
OOC: Surprise round partial action only

Inits:
Calimar 25
#1 23
Kharas 20
#2 17

In a flurry of activity Calimar invokes words of power. Nothing Visible happens.

The human with out armor deftly flicks the dagger at the mayor flying straight and true it impacts a barrier about 2' in front of the mayor and then returns to
the humans hand.

Kharas you charge at the other Human and strike at him. Hitting him for 2 points of subdual damage. But things dont seem quite right its almost like you hit Bone.

The Human without armor seems unfazed by your action and casts his spell defensively and a ball of scintillating energy springs out and rushes towards
the mayor detonating about 2' in front of him.

Quilla saves 12 points electrical dmg
Piotyr saves 12 points electrical dmg
Kor saves 12 points electrical dmg
Kharas, Humans, Calimar and Mayor unaffected

OK lets here some actions.

WhatKu

First Post
"Uh, Tymora, did I do to invoke your lovley sisters ire again?"
Drawing his spiked chain, Kor speaks a single sylable "Eld", and it is wreathed in flame. He then touches a small rune on the hemp cord around his wrist, and it flashes again.

(OOC: Using my divine might rune)

Remove ads