• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trouble in the Forest (IC)

Mithreander

Explorer
Meanwhile, outside of town:

An elf sits within sight of the walls of the town and observes it. For the last few days, he had seen differing adventures go in, and knew that when they had been breifed would be on their way out. Sitting on his hunches in a tree some length from the ground he looks over the walls to the town proper. He wears a cloak and tabard over a suit of finely meshed chain: on his back is a large sword, and at his belt is a quiver of arrows though there seems to be no bow present.

The cloak on his back makes his body fade from view where ever the cloak intercepts direct line of site. He concentrates on the town, looking for any signs that there may be a problem, though he doubts it. They may not be ready to go until the next morning. Either way, he needed more time to cover the edge of the forest. He had spent most of the prior day and this morning looking for tracks and such to see if he could decern what may be causing the disterbance to the natural order of things here.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
ooc: Sorry for the delay i was waiting for Corinthi to modify the
actions not realizing the post was edited.

Init:
Calimar 25
#1 23
Kor 23
Kharas 20
#2 17
Quillian 17
piotyr 12
POlar Bear 12

CAlimar Does nothing this round other than watch the fight.

#1 attempts to put a couple more puncture holes in Kharas
His first attack causes a great gash on your forearm (Crit 19 pts)
His second attack goes wide of the mark.

Kor Charges up chains whirling and raps the human in no armor solid.
(HIt 12+1 fire)

Kharas as the spell caster starts to cast you strike your first attack
takes him across the chest (crit 16 points)
your second attack is a wild swing connecting only with air

The human grimaces but still invokes his spell 3 bolts of force strike you solid
(9 points)

Quillian your pistol goes off with a loud thunrous roar stratling all in the
room (Hit 11+2 fire)

Piotyr your prayer fills the room with a golden light and holiness abounds.

The bear paws at the HUman in no armor paws glowing as it does so
and seems to crush the poor human close
you hear many bones cracking and breaking (crit 20 points)

The Human falls to the floor unmoving.

AS the activity slacks you see the human on the floor shimmer and lying there
is a bashed, hacked and burnt skeletal form wearing all the trappings the Human
was.

Elendel: with your keen Elven ears you hear a loud sound from where you saw the
others go.

New Round

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Quillia and Preena, gnome wizard and her pseudodragon familiar

*Rehostering Heat, Quillia pulls out more spell components. Dropping a dart into her hand, she crushes a preserved adder's stomach over it and sprinkels both with powdered rhubarb leaf. Thrusting her hand forward in a stabbing motion she cries, "Acidaca accande!"*

*From her outstretched hand a green arrow reeking of harsh chemicals speeds toward the spellcaster.*

*Quillia is startled by the now seemingly undead human caster, but now has even less qualms about taking the fighter out.*

[OOC: Melf's acid arrow, targeting the fighter. Move equivalent action to re-holster my pistol too.]

Last edited:

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Ray Silver said:
*Rehostering Heat, Quillia pulls out more spell components. Dropping a dart into her hand, she crushes a preserved adder's stomach over it and sprinkels both with powdered rhubarb leaf. Thrusting her hand forward in a stabbing motion she cries, "Acidaca accande!"*

*From her outstretched hand a green arrow reeking of harsh chemicals speeds toward the spellcaster.*

*Quillia is startled by the now seemingly undead human fighter, but now has even less qualms about taking the caster out.*

[OOC: Melf's acid arrow, targeting the spellcaster. Move equivalent action to re-holster my pistol too.]

OOC caster is down ftr is up Quillian.

Velmont

First Post
Damage: 26

"That hurt lad!"

Kharas will move to have a bracket with the bear if possible, attack, and finally move 5 feat mor around him (so I will use Spring Attack, and I won't need any tumble roll).

If no bracket is possible, I simply full attack him.

Mithreander

Explorer
[color=sea green]What was that?[/color] the solitary wood elf asks himself. [color=sea green]Best check it out... may be trouble in the town as well. No tracks of threatening humanoids that I've seen, but it may be from another source. 'Always play it safe', as my master used to say.[/color]

The wood elf lowers himself from the branch and starts to jog towards the enterance of the town. Any trouble that the others may have gotten into may be over by the time he gets there, but he had to try. Besides, it may be nothing. [color=sea green] though I doubt it[/color]

With ground eating strides, the elf pulls out his bow from the too-small quiver at his side. Noting that the movement may allarm the guards, he shrugs. If they are able to stop him, then there's little he can do to help his future companions anyway. In a smooth motion that belies the tension of the bow, the wood elf strings it and sets it ready for use.

Moving through the gates, ignoring the guards, of if they block his way, he yells at them "I mean you and your town no harm, now move or be moved!" The look in his eyes shows little tallerance for any that may get in his way. "Follow me, if you must, but do not stop me! There is need of me inside, and I wish not to be missed!"

WhatKu

First Post
(Assuming the last baddie is withing 15 feet)
Kor steps foward 5 feet and swings his chain savagley at the last oponent.

(OOC: One attack at +22, and one attack at +17, doing 2d4+9+1d6 Fire)

Wynter Wolf

First Post
OOC: Corinthi has not responded so im using DM perogative on actions

Init

Human 25
Kor 23
Kharas 20
Quillian 17
Elendel 14
Piotyr 12
Bear 12
Guards 10

THe HUman swipes viciously with his Sword at Kharas, The first attack is dodged by Kharas
easily, the second catches him in the thigh (10 pts)

Kor swings deftly with his chain Fire leaping from it. connecting solidly with it twice
(Hits 18pts, and 19pts)

The holiness around you all seems to be having an effect.

Kharas moves to his new position and realizes that this human can not be flanked.
Tho Kharas sees his opening and lodges his rapier deep in the humans side
(crit 13 pts)

Elendel you run past the guards and get right up to the door and it looks like a guard is
getting ready to open it for you.

Piotyr seeing Kharas get hit again and again moves up close and touches Kharas intoning
a prayer as he does so. Kharas feels his skin nitting back together. (Cure moderate wnds
14 pts)

The bear turns and roars at the human before ravaging him in a flurry of blows that
make you all glad hes on your side (3 hits 17,13,13)

The human contorts under the bears assault in ways he should not and falls unmoving
to the ground.

Elendel the 2 guards near you move up and open the door, you see what has obviously been a
rough fight in here, you see the human crumple to the ground savaged by a big polar bear

Every one else turns to the opening door to see 2 guards and an elf with a bow
standing there and as everyone tries to asses the situation. some of you notice the ball of
flame that passes him on the way into the room detonating.

The 2 guards are blasted by the ball incinerated instantly, the polar bear takes the
brunt of it(25pts) everyone else in the room except Kharas dodge slightly as it comesin
(12pts) kharas at the last moment you tumble behind the bear and get shielded from the
fire by its bulk.

As before in the lull you see the humans fomr shimmer to that of another skelatal body

New Round

Mithreander

Explorer
That came from behind me? Elendel thinks from the other side of the door, in the interior of the room with the rest of the people there. I did see anyone? Invisible... and what in the hells was that simmering human form that's now a skeletal body? Elendel scans past the two chared guards towards where the spell had originated so he can get an idea of who their advesary is. His keen sight checking all of the shadows, places of cover, and even the road to see if he can mark the tracks of a person if they are invisible. To the room he yells behind him (now that he's facing out of it) "You alright? I saw that you were in trouble and came as quickly as possible. Do you see the origination of that spell? I wish not to spend my time here on the wrong side of the hearth!"

If he notes where it came from he'll launch a volly of arrows in that persons direction while moving up to him so that he can engage him in melee. I feel that I've been out in the sun to long. That burned!

[OoC: Spot check (D20+22): 40 Partial action Bow volley attacks(D20+12 x3): 22, 15, and 17, Possible damage (I only think the first has a chance to hit): 11. Not the best enterance I've ever seen, and definately not the dest shooting. Oh well, perhaps next round will be better (if Elendel lives that long).[/OoC]

Remove ads