Trouble in the Forest (IC)

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Forests Edge Lies about 120 miles South, and East of The great city of WaterDeep, on the edge of the Misty Forest an out of the way farming and logging community Just a short trip off the trade way between WaterDeep and Daggerford.

You have traveled this way due to a call for brave skilled adventurers to take
care of some problems the town has been having. As you make the final leg of the Journey to Forests edge you notice very little traffice on the road. You see farms being worked and are looked at with interest and fear as you pass by. The First signs You see of the town are a Wooden wall around the town in good repair looking relatively new.

Approaching the gate you see guards with Long Spears and short swords.
The Guards on the wall have Long Bows. They study you carefully as you approach and pass thru the gates. Walking down the main street you guess this town cant have more than 500 inhabitants pretty much all human. You come to a sign that says "Pub & Grub" This looks to be the only tavern/Inn in the place as you step in side and let your eyes adjust to the light, you notice several things. First its real quiet seems the locals are for the most part working. Second you see an Elf in the corner looks up as you enter. Third you see several other adventurer types here also. Fourth the serving Wench asks "what you would like to drink" and "We have several tables open perhaps you would find one to your liking."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Quillia and Preena, gnome wizard and her pseudodragon familiar

*Quillia dismisses her mount spell before going in, shakes the dust from her clothes, and shoulders her haversack. She walks inside, and nods at the serving wench's question.*

"Wine would be lovely, thank you. Oh, I don't suppose you have any juice or cider do you? If you do, I'd like a mug of that as well," Quillia says, smiling. She finds an empty table where she can do a bit of eavesdropping on the other adventurers, and puts her haversack on the floor. Preena pokes her head out of Quillia's jacket pocket, and the gnome scratches the little pseudodragon's head around her ears and horns. She feeds her a few raisins while waiting for her drinks.

Will we be having fun soon? Preena asks mentally, to which Quillia only responds with a hearty laugh.

Last edited:

WhatKu

First Post
Oh Cute. Getting stared at all the time is fun. Plus, that stupid halfling used such slow drying inks for these tattoos. Calm down Kor, the halflings not here, so you cant ask him how to dry these faster. Ah! Ale always helps a man calm down. With this thought, Kor opens the door and walks in. He sits down at the bar, and orders some ale and a nice juicy steak.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
From outside the pub, you can hear:

"I gave you that stupid donkey. By Dumathoin bread, he gaves me more trouble than anythings."

A moment later, the door's open. A dwarf enter with an heavy backpack on his back.

"Gave me four dwarf spirits, lad. I will really need them. And if you have any good piece of meet too, travelling make me always hungry and I could contest a tribe of Ogre on who could eat the most."

He find a table and put his backpack next to a chair. You can hear him mumbling: "When will they do some good sized chair. You talk about hospitality."

Corinthi

First Post
Poityr Mendelsohn - Male Human Cleric

Piotyr pauses for a moment just outside the inn's doorway to knock some of the road's dust off his legs and cloak before entering the eating establishment. He's a smallish bald human, with dark leathery skin. At first he looks just like any other wandering peasant, but at a second glance, a few things set him apart. Both of his wrists and his waist are wrapped in bright red ribbons and he openly wears an unusual amulet. The amulet depicts a pair of hands bound at the wrist with red ribbon. Most people could easily recognize the holy symbol of Ilmater.

He crosses the room, quietly nodding to those he passes, before sitting near a window with a soft sigh. He leans forward to massage his legs for a moment, looking up as the serving girl approaches. He smiles at her query and replies, "Some heavily watered wine, bread, and stew, if at all possible. And I would be willing to work for my meal if the Inn Keeper has something that needs tending to. If not, I do have some coin."

Wynter Wolf

First Post
The young server graciously takes all of your orders, "Your food and drink will be out shortly" In very shurt order all of you are served. "The food and drink are on the house today courtesy of his lordship the Mayor. When you are ready for a room let me know and i will get you settled in."

The food put in front of you is hot and tasty the beverages are of good quality. As you eat you look around at the others present and noticethe ELf is not eating but his lightly glowing blue eyes scan the room stopping on person after person.

Corinthi

First Post
Piotyr Mendolsohn - Male Human Cleric 12

"I appreciate this simple kindness and hope that my service to your town will be satisfactory." Piotyr inclines his head lightly toward the maid, then inclines his head over his food, quietly offering his thanks for this bounty.

After enjoying the repast for a bit, the priest notices the elf's glowing blue eyes fixating upon him. Eyebrow arching slightly, he simply openly calls over to the gentleman, "Pardon me, sir Elf. Please forgive my impertenance, but might I inquire as to the nature of Dwoemer that makes your eyes glow that cerulean blue tone? I'm afraid I've never learned the ways of magic well enough to recognize effects easily." His tone is casual, easygoing, and not at all accusing. He queries the mysterious elf about his glowing gaze as one would ask a baker about the type of meat in his pies.

As he awaits an answer, he dips a bit of the crusty bread into his stew, to sop up the rabbity goodness within.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
The Elf's gaze turns to the simply dressed priest. "No need to be so formal here my name is Calimar. I am here on the request of the illustrious Mayor. My eyes glow blue due to the spell Arcane sight i have going right now to get a feel for the group assembled here. so i may present to him who i feel would be helpfull in fixing our problem."

WhatKu

First Post
Spinning out of his seat, Kor somehow manages to gracefully walk over the elf, already on his 4th cup of ale, and still carrying his spiked chain over one shoulder, this is a hard feat. "Watching us with arcane eyes you say? Thats kinda creepy. I mean, how would you feel if you were having your own cup of ale, and then you relized someone was looking through your clothes? Thats what magic is for some of us ya know. Not that it is for me, I just carry around a few baubles that may be magic. No wizard myself. So what do you want people to do for you?"

Wynter Wolf

First Post
"I understand your concerns and feelings." He concentrates for a moment and his eyes stop glowing blue "We here in Forests edge have had problems with humanoids on the run from something, Walking dead seen in the forest, animals found dead, The poor things were not even skinned or butchered for meat. Rumors of things left undisturbed in the woods found by thing that make the humanoids real scared. A Holy warrior of Torm of great skill went in to see what has happened and never returned." He looks around the room seeing that most of the eyes in the inn were upon him. "The mayor needs skilled adventurers to find the root of the problem. Its my job to make sure that those who go arent going to waste our time and just get killed."

Remove ads