• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trying to get hold of the books in the UK for nice and cheap...

Nimmo

First Post
Hi everyone!

I have been playing D&D 3.5 for a few months now and decided that I would like to give Pathfinder a go.

I got myself the PDF version of the core rulebook and have decided that I would love to get a physical copy of it, partially for the artwork and partially because I think that looking through a real book would be a more interesting experience (I want to be able to eventually leave my computer behind when starting a play session). I was hoping to ask everyone with physical copies of the book where they got it and if there are any really cheap places to get my hands on it.

My usual sources, (ebay, amazon and google shopper) have not given me much below the £25 mark, or are out of stock and since I am a little short on cash and a little impatient, I was hoping to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for your time,
Nimmo

Hello Nimmo and welcome to the EN World boards.

I prefer to get Pathfinder stuff from Paizo as I like to directly support them. I have a couple of subscriptions so I get a percentage off the price (I just bought two core rule books for my players at USD42.49 each). As an Australian, I'm not too sure how that translates into pounds but heh. Shipping costs me a lot, I imagine it would be cheaper for you though.

The one thing I recommend that you do is get the Core Rules and get the Advanced Player's Guide. Together, there is so much stuff in them and having the physical books is a lot better than sifting through such a large pdf. By the way, if you can afford a subscription, you get the pdf for free. Talk to Paizo's customer service (the best on the net) and they will guide you as to the cheapest way to get what you want.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Nimmo

First Post
Yea, I can understand wanting to give them the support, but as you mentioned, the shipping was really a bit off-putting, but then again, as you rightly state, I am giving them the support directly.

I will take your advice and contact their customer support and see what they can do for me.

Thanks for the helpful advice.

Nimmo

First Post
Thanks for that all the help guys.

Just placed my order with the book depository and am now looking forward to receiving some nice big books in the post!

Thanks again!

Remove ads