Turning off the Notification pop up

Abraxas

Explorer
Just got on the boards today and noticed a pop-up in the lower right hand corner that appears every 5 minutes or so with notifications of people posting in a thread I participated in.

This wouldn't bother me except: 1) It's the same notification over and over, with no change, so why do I need to be notified more than once - and - 2) It's from a user that I have on my ignore list.

So, can I turn off notifications that involve someone on my ignore list?
Is their a setting I'm missing that turns off the notifications pop up?
I don't mind going to my profile page and seeing notifications - I just don't want the pop up

Also - If I click on the notification pop up that includes the person on my ignore list it disables ignoring that person when it opens the thread.

Thanx to anyone who knows

Last edited:

Nagol

Unimportant
Click on the notification icon. On the top tight of the menu is a Settings link where you can control which notifications you receive.

Abraxas

Explorer
I don't want to turn off all notifications - just stop the pop up and, if possible, turn off notifications from people in my ignore list.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Would like a way to stop the pop-up, too. Not as big an issue for me as the terrible (in my opinion) bar at the top (which is why I disabled it via AdBlock), but if there's a way to turn it off, I'm interested.

Abraxas

Explorer
Yeah - still happening here too.
Still annoying.
Keeps repeating the exact same notification over and over and over and over - nothing in the thread has changed - I don't need repeated notifications :hmm:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not able to replicate this, and can see nothing that round cause it. Anyone other than these two having the problem?

Remove ads