TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan looks at Emral with incredulous disbelief across his face. "What were you thinking?" Drivan runs a hand through his hair, turning his back on Emral.

Drivan breathes...

Turning back to Emral he tugs on his beard which has begun to grow into more than a goattee...

"Alright, maybe we can fix this..." Bending over the pile of ash he concentrates on it for a moment. [sblock=Arcana check][10,10] = (20)[/sblock]

After things have calmed down and resolved Drivan will examine the lens
[sblock=Lens Arcana check][10,10] = (20)[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Alright, maybe we can fix this..." Bending over the pile of ash he concentrates on it for a moment.
Arcana Check Result: Yep. It's ash. Not much anyone can do about that.

After things have calmed down and resolved Drivan will examine the lens
The lantern is in sad shape. Heat, acid, and force have done their dirty business, causing severe damage. Only three of the seven lenses are partially intact. One of the three is sizable. All lenses radiate an intense aura of transmutation magic, though the aura seems to be fading. (You suspect that in a few days the remains of the lamp will become a non-magical lump.) On the base of the lamp is a complex magical circle. Perhaps some research at the library will reveal more specifics...

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan looks up from the pile of ash, fixing Emral with a glare. "Looks like you screwed this one up, oh sorcerer supreme..."

Standing up Drivan looks at the rest of the party members... "Guess we can forgive him this time... right guys?"

[sblock=Library]Drivan will head over to the library once everything has settled down... Oh and he has dibs on the rituals and the robe;) Willing to discuss terms;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
"Why are you sitting around talking when we've got skeletons to fi--"

"Oh."

"You haven't reached the fight yet. I keep forgetting that you have a linear relationship with time. Boy, are you guys going to be surprised when they bring out the helicopter skeletons! Gotta run! Ta!"

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan looks around for a moment after hearing the voice, a look of astonishment and then chagrin crossing his face.

"Looks like I have an apology to make Emral. Sorry I believed you had destroyed and lost any connection Dave, looks like you didn't mess this one up..."

Drivan grins as he finishes the end of his sentence.

"Anyways, should we divide the loot?"

weldon

Explorer
What's a... helicopter?

Finnian looks around at his companions for an explanation. When none is offered, he moves over to the table and looks over the items.

These weapons look a bit nicer than what we're carrying. Well, I think Vaunea would make good use of this axe. Seems like Emral is fond of the dagger (nice work, by the way!). I don't know that I see much here for me...

Finnian draws up to the table and goes silent.

Funny, I think this odd looking metal object has a symbol engraved on it. Doesn't look like anything I've ever seen, but I don't read that well. Somehow it still looks familiar. You know if you asked me, I'd say it looks like the forest trees from above, or maybe a hawk circling above, or... Hmm, let me see that...

Finnian reaches across the table and plucks the sigil from its resting spot inside the chalk circle...

[sblock=BOOM!]was that chalk circle there for any reason? This boy isn't too smart about such things. ;)[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Pfft, whatever! Dave gave us information during that fight, and he doesn't even know us. Maybe we just lost a magical item, but if it's a difference between a fleeting edge in combat or saving a soul (or omnidimensional intelligence), there's no other choice.
Anyway, chance is we're going to be able to take out the legion of Bone, with or without their heliogabalus skeletons!

Emral picks up one of the lenses. Now, let's see what these things can do.

arcana check:
1d20+5=8

KenHood

First Post
Finnian reaches across the table and plucks the sigil from its resting spot inside the chalk circle...
And nothing seems to happen.

(Other than he picks up the Sigil of Companionship.)

Or does it?

---

Arcana Check Result: The lens is apparently a highly refined form of crystallized sugar (i.e. 'rock candy'), which radiates a potent magical field that would seem to permanently enhance the consumer's glibness, as well as attractiveness to the opposite sex.

---

Olivia groans. Her body begins to convulse...

mohalloran

First Post
Hearing the moaning, Vaunea balls up her fist and smacks her head hard enough to knock her out again.

"Vaunea no like mind magic."

And with that she grabs the Large Battleaxe away from the dead Half-Orc and back to Olivia. "Vaunea go guards. Then Marco house." And with that, Vaunea throws Olivia over her shoulder and walks out the door towards the town guards.

Remove ads