TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'd rather keep Emral doing his thing. It jangles me when stuff like this happens...
  • Billy eats the whole pie.
  • Before Billy eats the whole pie, my character, Johnny, cuts a piece and eats one.
Sure, it may be 'in character' for Johnny to eat a piece of every pie that he meets. Sure, it's probably part of his backstory as a professional pie taster. However, Johnny's player didn't post first. He snoozes, he loses.

in all fairness, I had written "Emral follows after Vaunea". For all I knew she was advancing the storyline by moving away with Olivia. Therefore, as a responsive PC, I was hoping to assist that initiative and move with rather than against it. It was following her, not stealing the attention away from her. I was being supportive! :angel:<---(this is a portrait of me right now)
If that came off as stealing the limelight, I apologize. I just enjoy posting frequently, and we're basically done with the Dave-head-thing, right?

I think that's it, other than dividing up the treasure. Should we RP that? "Aim me!"

KenHood

First Post
Let me put it this way...

The sooner you guys divvy the treasure and take an extended rest, the sooner I dispense the (sizable amount of) experience points (that will increase your character's level). But, if you want to roleplay it, it's fine with me...

;)

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=Dividing up Treasure]I'm not sure how to divide up the robe, cloak, and lenses but I tried to review the wishlists and previous posts to come up with this list. Just trying to get the conversation started...

Vaunea - Battlecrazed Large Battleaxe +1 (or whatever size Vaunea prefers)
Emral? - Tooth of Chaos +1
Drivan? - Robe of Scintillation +1
Emral? - Cloak of Distortion +1
Vaunea & Finnian - Potions of Healing (x2)
Drivan - The Wand of Super-Charged Mass Destruction +1
??? - Scroll of Disenchant Item
Finnian - Sigil of Companionship
??? - Bag: Contains 200 gp worth of residuum.
??? - 3 lenses from a shattered lamp whose broken lenses radiate a strong magical aura
??? - A small chest containing 90 gp and a 100 gp gem.
Drivan? - A Ritual Book: Secret Page, Eye of Alarm, Pyrotechnics, Endure Elements, Amanuensis

Finnian also has the Sword of Five Elements which is worth 520gp. He is planning to return it

We received 1250gp from the earlier rewards (have we spent any?). By my count, we have 1250+100+90=1440 / 4 = 360gp each + 378gp each for time gold = 738gp each for rewards. We also have 200gp of residuum which I didn't combine with the gold and gems.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Woo, I am sleepy! I could use a sit down and a meal. Let's bag this stuff and get to an Inn or something. Who's with me?

ooc: Emral uses staves and daggers, so I'll keep the Tooth of Chaos. I'm not going to bother with rituals, as I don't even think I've got Ritual Caster. The cloak would be good, so if no one minds, sure! I do have that cloth armor vs. Necro coming, tho.

I vote we take some party gold and get the lamp-lenses repaired/identified by somene other than Emral. It could be something nifty and useful. Then we'll have a better gauge of what money is what for the party. Whoever ends up with it could, I dunno, subtract it from their gp total and re-assign items.

I think Finnian having to return the sword is a big deal for him, and I think it's important everyone gets something. Granted, we've got a day or two before the Arena. Everyone could just use gold and *buy* items they need.

Having the party equipped for the arena is of paramount importance for me at this stage. Sound about right to everyone else?

KenHood

First Post
Drivan grabs all the rituals, the robes, and his wand. And then procedes to divvy up the gold evenly... ;)

Woo, I am sleepy! I could use a sit down and a meal. Let's bag this stuff and get to an Inn or something. Who's with me?
:lol:

How did I know posts like that were coming?!

---

DM's Thoughts on the Treasure...
Emral spent 520 gp (if I recall the amount correctly) on his Robe with Swillwort. That leaves the party with 730 gp in the kitty (not counting any of the new stuff).

It's night, so the library is not open. Drivan will have to wait until tomorrow to identify the lenses. (Do not count the lenses as part of the permanent treasure.)

With the time gold, everyone should have enough gp to enchant a first level item. You can supplement this with the 730 gp to get even higher level items for particular party members. You can also give the residuum to Swillwort to enchant items. (That's another 200 gp.)

The current breakdown on item levels and gp value per party member is this...
  • Drivan: Wand of Super-Charged Mass Destruction (level 2, 520 gp); Robe of Scintillation +1 (level 2, 520 gp) -- total value: 1040 gp
  • Emral: Tooth of Chaos (level 4, 840 gp); Robe of Necrotic Resistance +1 (level 2, 520 gp) -- total value: 1360 gp
  • Finnian: Sigil of Companionship (level 6, 1000 gp) -- total value: 1000 gp
  • Vaunea: Battlecrazed Axe +1 (level 4, 840 gp) -- total value: 840 gp

As you can see, Vaunea's the farthest behind on gp value. As she's your defender, she's probably a good investment for the fight.

The Cloak of Distortion is level 2 and worth 520 gp.

I am not counting the Sword of Five Elements as part of Finnian's permanent loot, so please don't count that towards his gp value.

The provision of the items is based on your wishlists. I added the Cloak because...well...it's fun to see watch folks 'argue' over it. :devil:

Where we go from here...
I want you guys to divvy the treasure. Then, make any decisions on items you want from Swillwort. You still have a day until TURTLEDOME! Since it takes an hour to enchant an item, Swillwort could do five or six if he pushes it. (And he probably will.)

I suggest you invest your money in more magic items, because I'm going to throw the kitchen sink at your characters in the TURTLEDOME! fight. (You could also save a bit of the money to place bets on yourselves.)

Once you've made these decisions and send your characters to a rest, I'll dispense the XP. After you level-up your characters (and Finnian gets the judges approval for his race change), I'll create a 'Part 2' TURTLEDOME! thread, and we'll carry on the battle with level 2 characters there.

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan picks up the robe and the book of rituals and gets to work dividing the gold up evenly. Looking out the door towards where Vaunea dissapeared he turns back to the remaining party members.

"We should probably get her some upgraded armor since she's going to be catching most of the damage, maybe we can all pitch in and get something enchanted by Swillwort for her? And maybe she should wear the cloak of distortion for the fight? Then she could pass it on to whoever needs it most... Oh! and these idiots were babbling about a weapon that converted damage into radiant... not sure where it is or what it looked like though..."

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Damage into radiant? Hmm... maybe that's the lenses. Would they work like implements?
I'm all over V getting that special armor. Maybe something that makes it more difficult for enemies to move in the terrain around her? I don't know of a common item that does that, tho. Granted, maybe we could just get her that dwarven-made plate she's been going on about. I'm not sure she knows how to use it, so maybe they'd get her a tutorial when she buys it. I'm all over pooling cash to get it enchanted, too.

Last edited:

mohalloran

First Post
Vaunea shows up at Marco's house tired and hungry. "Vaunea here. Stand guard. No take Marco." Banging on the door, she awaits a response.

[sblock=KenHood]Wow, Vaunea is starting to look like an accidental prophet here. First guessed that the halfling might be lying, so she tried (and failed) an insight check. And then offering to guard the house for Marco...just before he was kidnapped. I don't think I'm going to come up with any more bright ideas. ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads