• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Twelve Doors. Pick one and tell me why.

which door?

• Goblin Market

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Elven Army Camp

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Tiefling Duel

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Dragon Tower and the Ritual

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Trapped Child

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Coliseum

• Halfling Gang

• Fat Badger Ship

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Smith

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • High Forest Buildings

• Twisted Metal Rats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavern of Mounted Spiders

fenriswolf456

First Post
Well, with the gaggle of saviors off to save the kid, it looks like it's up to me to prevent the obvious earth-shattering ritual being performed in the dragon keep, as well as to rescue the line of enslaved soon-to-be-sacrifices.

*cue Quest for the Holy Grail Lancelot fight music*

Last edited:

Ahnehnois

First Post
I guess I'm with the majority on this child saving thing.

Beyond the obvious impetus to protect a vulnerable life, the simplicity of the scenario was attractive. Sure, we don't know why the roof collapsed and there's some possibility the child might be some supernatural creature or something, there seems to be a clear purpose the moment one reads it.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Hehe I didn't pick the kid because he's frozen in time and sooner or later someone will go through to help. ;)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Some Revised Doors: By the time my players reach the hallway again, They have saved the child, talked to the smith and had a chance to visit the goblin market in the feywild.

New Door 3: Wagons piled high with grains, head straight for the doorway. A tiefling in ornate armor with leering devil faces stands over a fallen driver with a sword made of fire raised to attack.

New Door 5: Dusk is falling on a blasted plain. A few trees and bushes cling to life. The same cannot be said of the piles of corpses, some lie in neat rows, others cut down from behind, soldiers and civilians mixed together of all races. Hunched figures move among the bodies, perhaps looting or looking for survivors. Baleful red eyes gleam from a human sized cloud of vapor.

New Door 8: On a ship surrounded by open sea, a fine looking woman in a captain’s hat watches as something large and silvery door is pulled up with the ships crane. On the far side of the deck, a huge claw is extending over the rail.

Door 12: Huge cavern, lit by flickering red light, a band of 20 armed men are surrounded by shadowy figures riding spiders. Fear is etched on the men’s faces, and may bear wounds. The men wear mercenary uniforms with a wolf blazon.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Some Revised Doors: By the time my players reach the hallway again, They have saved the child, talked to the smith and had a chance to visit the goblin market in the feywild.
Did I steal that hammer the smith was making?

If not, I'm still with the smith waiting for him to finish.

If so, just go through all the doors in no real order and smack down anything that moves! :)

Lan-"and take their stuff, too"-efan

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Goblin Market. Because you'd likely be able to buy ANYTHING there, and I think it's the height of effin' stupidity that Kinder Eggs are banned for importation into the United States.

Remove ads