• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Twin Strike question

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Under the Ranger power for twin strike, it doesn't say you add the Strength modifier bonus to damage on melee attack. That's a typo, right?

jeffhartsell

First Post
We've not been told if it is a typo or not. IMO it is not a typo. Even "as is" twin strike is WAY better than Careful Attack. My view is careful attack needs to be +2 attack, HIT: 1[W] +4 for damage to make it comparable to Twin Strike. It twin strike added a stat to both attacks it would be almost as good as the level 1 encounter powers.

Styracosaurus

Explorer
My question is:

Should 'Careful Attack' be a +4 to hit or, should 'Twin Strike' take a -2 to hit?

Consider that the fighter at will attack grants him a +2 to hit. To grant the Ranger +2 advantage over the fighter is too much, or maybe it is fine since the Ranger is a striker.

I'm inclined to think that Twin Strike needs the -2 but that goes against the general theme of abilities.

amusingsn

First Post
I'm also fairly certain twin strike is correct as written. It's a very good at-will power. Rolling two attacks means extra chances to get that extra Hunter's Quarry damage, and extra chances to land a critical blow.

It is definitely going to be the "default" at-will for most Rangers, as is.

phil500

First Post
amusingsn said:
I'm also fairly certain twin strike is correct as written. It's a very good at-will power. Rolling two attacks means extra chances to get that extra Hunter's Quarry damage, and extra chances to land a critical blow.

It is definitely going to be the "default" at-will for most Rangers, as is.

not to mention, it lets you kill 2 minions.

my question is: does a dwarf with twin strike holding 2 handaxes who has taken dwarven weapon prof. add +2 to the damage?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads