Two Days Left To Vote For Most Anticipated RPG of 2018!

I've been waiting for the new RQ since the 80's :cool:

Caliburn101

Explorer
FWIW, my choices:

RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha
I'm anticipating the most, since RuneQuest was my jam in college, and I've always loved the system. Glorantha I'm on the fence about, but from the Quickstart it looks like they're retooling magic to fit the setting, which may be why I never got into it.

The system was updated to RuneQuest 6 two years ago and Design Mechanism did a fantastic job of it, it is by far the best version of the system to date. However it changed it's name to Mythras once Chaosium took the IP back to do their Glorantha-specific version.

So if you want the best iteration of the RQ Rules without Glorantha getting in the way (and I have played and enjoyed them all, so can compare with experience) then get Mythras, you won't regret it!

http://thedesignmechanism.com/

I'm well aware of Mythras and quite like it, although (from experience with MRQII) combat can get a little fiddly for my tastes. Luckily we've got OpenQuest. (And Renaissance, and the now out-of-print Magic World and Basic Roleplaying Big Gold Book. Plus old and new Call of Cthulhu, and Revolution D100, and The LaundryRPG, ...) D100 adapts well to just about any setting, and with so many variants out there if one doesn't suit your game or style it's not too hard to mix and match.

I'm specifically looking forward to RQG because player characters seem more integrated into Gloranthan lore. RQ2 posited all these great magical and historical events, while PCs puttered around with Bladesharp and the ruins of Big Rubble. Let's hope they can get involved in the Hero Wars without, well, Hero Wars.

ss2020

First Post
Cyberpunk GenIsys came out in December it was awesome and GenIsys Games is following that game up with a game called Intergalactic. It looks like it will be just as good.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads