Tyranny of Dragons

epicbob

Explorer
"Hoard of the Dragon Queen" is part of "Tyranny of Dragons;" ToD is a two-part (I believe?) series. The other adventure, "The Rise of Tiamat," isn't out yet.
(It's actually "Hoard," although in this case it makes sense either way. She does have both; her horde is hoarding her hoard. :p)

I see. I thought the topic's name was the module's title.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I had my character 98% complete. Then I glitched and closed it without saving it. fml.

Anyway, I'm going with a Moon Elf rogue from Silverymoon, urchin background. I'll go with bond #1 about the wandering monk saving my life.

Do you want a detailed character backstory, or do you just want the stats all nice and pretty so we can get on with it? I'm good either way.

Looking forward to getting this going.

-IG

Li Shenron

Legend
Once the stats are in place the back story can follow later. Just waiting on delivery of the adventure now!

Hi. Sorry for the delay, I am afraid I forgot about this thread...

I rolled up a PC too, I mean literally rolled up. I rolled everything except class: race, subrace, background, traits/flaws/bonds, gender, name, surname, spells, equipment, trinket etc. I used the standard array as everyone, but rolled the ability scores order. Originally I would have also rolled class, but since I am late and I have to restrict myself to Basic, the only option I have left if I don't want to overlap with others is Wizard.

Needless to say, I got funky results :cool: And as I totally expected, I rolled the lowest score to be Int. But I so believe this PC is going to work anyway.

The PC is ready, I will post it later today in your wanted format.

epicbob

Explorer
They took away the old 3e rule where the maximum spell level is limited by your Int score. So, even with a horrible score, you can always cast 9th level spells.

Besides that, the main downside will be a lower variety of prepared spells, somewhat weaker Save DCs and somewhat lower attacks modifiers.

It's not as bad as in 3e, overall.

Li Shenron

Legend
I'm happy with non Basic classes/race if you're happy to post enough info for me to use. We've already got a non Basic Druid & Sorceror on the go. 😊

Yeah, but I don't have the PHB myself yet, that's why I am using only Basic material :)

They took away the old 3e rule where the maximum spell level is limited by your Int score. So, even with a horrible score, you can always cast 9th level spells.

Besides that, the main downside will be a lower variety of prepared spells, somewhat weaker Save DCs and somewhat lower attacks modifiers.

It's not as bad as in 3e, overall.

I agree, that's why I am sure it will work.

Main downside: only 1 prepared spell until level 3! But I have cantrips and rituals to keep some variety.

Low DC is not that big of a deal. I rolled randomly the spells known, but 6 known spells at 1st level is a lot of them, and I ended up with Sleep and Magic Missile which don't allow a ST or require an attack, so I am even fairly efficient at offensive spells after all!

epicbob

Explorer
I agree, that's why I am sure it will work.

Main downside: only 1 prepared spell until level 3! But I have cantrips and rituals to keep some variety.

Low DC is not that big of a deal. I rolled randomly the spells known, but 6 known spells at 1st level is a lot of them, and I ended up with Sleep and Magic Missile which don't allow a ST or require an attack, so I am even fairly efficient at offensive spells after all!

So you have 8-9 Int? Ouch. On the bright side, your 3 starting Cantrips don't count against your prepared spells so you'll have up to 4 different spells at all times. It also helps that Cantrips actually matter, now.

Remove ads