• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UaVS] The Silver Door IC

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Serpenteye said:
ooc: Wonderful :) I'm not sure Nurthrak would have acted the same way as he did the past 2 rounds under these new circumstances (drawing his weapons and withdrawing from the fight), but I guess we can't mess with the continuity too much.

OoC:Yeah. it would have been cool for you to have at him, maybe finishing him off, but he would have dealt all of that last damage to you, had you stuck it out.

Serpenteye

First Post
Nurthrak scoops up the double-sword wielder, carrying the corpse over his head to give cover from the falling stones, then he run towards the portal.

I wonder where that damn thing leads.

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC:Had to check it to make sure I wasn't making stuff up and, just as I remembered, the MM2 is among the books revised in the revision booklet. For direct linkage, click here

IC: "Damn, the whole place is coming apart."
Arngen scoops Jikull by the legs and staggers as his poison-drained muscles first defy his commands. As soon as Grolvus graps the upper body, he starts moving towards Enraela, hoping he won't get hit by the falling rubble.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Dalamar said:
OoC:Had to check it to make sure I wasn't making stuff up and, just as I remembered, the MM2 is among the books revised in the revision booklet. For direct linkage, click here

IC: "Damn, the whole place is coming apart."
Arngen scoops Jikull by the legs and staggers as his poison-drained muscles first defy his commands. As soon as Grolvus graps the upper body, he starts moving towards Enraela, hoping he won't get hit by the falling rubble.

OoC:Thanks, he has DR 10 then, though it's all sort of moot now.
D'oh...Jikull would have killed it then, not the other way round...OK, editing.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Headache-Inspiring messy but 'Real' Ending

Grolvus and Jikull hack and slash at the Devil, cutting it in numerous places.
The Malebranche falls to it's knees, then to the floor. You have the feeling that it isn't exactly finished,however. The Hippogryph continues to savage the Devil, even as you all notice what happens next at the Door.

The remaining Celestial Hippogryph movs to attack Nurthrak, who easily tears the thing apart, savoring the taste of it's Holy Flesh.

The Silver Door glows for a moment and then falls free of it's placement upon the wall, it shrinks down to a miniature version of itself about 6" tall. Wesellu stands before the Portal, looking into something beyond, as if the doorway still went somewhere.

the Ceiling begins to shake and chunks of stone begin pelting down from above. It would seem that either the slaying of the Fiend or the removel of the Door has triggered something unpleasant (or perhaps the both in tandem)...

Enraela, close to the door, suddenly becomes visible as a chuk of rock hits her <9HP>.
Gentaria dodges the falling rock, coming to the Doorway, her blades out, protecting her wounded sister.

Nurthrak, Arngen and Grolvus also dodge the rock.

OoC:So, run for the door or loot bodies...?

OoC:Ref saves DC 18 every round to avoid 3D6 crushing damage.

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Time to go then?" Grolvus yells to Arngen, a half-smile adorning his face.

He grabs the body of the fallen Hobgoblin and starts dragging it towards the priestess.

Caliber

Explorer
His mind still reeling with the ramifications of the DOOR, Wesellu turns about as the chamber begins to collapse. He watches, emotionless, as the demon falls to the ground. As bodies are grabbed and the survivors begin to limp toward him, he turns back just in time to watch the DOOR shrink down, and detach.

Reaching down, Wesellu attempts to pick it up, with only a slight shiver of ectasy at finally having found it.

My reward will be glorious ...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
The Doorway looms still, showing Duchess Ferach's throne Room still, though it is beginning to become fuzzy...

OoC:So, anyone jumping through?

Serpenteye

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Nurthrak scoops up the double-sword wielder, carrying the corpse over his head to give cover from the falling stones, then he run towards the portal.

I wonder where that damn thing leads.

Next round Nurthrak will have reached the portal. he will then try to will it into displaying Gentreoll's throne room and jump trough. If his amateurish attempt at controlling an artifact fails he'll jump trough nevertheless.

Remove ads