• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UaVS] The Silver Door IC

Serpenteye

First Post
Uriel said:
Nurthrak Withdraws from the melee, moving to the Drow killed earlier.
ooc:
Nurthrak does not Withdraw from the melee, since he's not in the Malebranches threatened area, and does not risk drawing an AOO. He makes a move action to get to the dead drow, and another action to pick him up.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Serpenteye said:
ooc:
Nurthrak does not Withdraw from the melee, since he's not in the Malebranches threatened area, and does not risk drawing an AOO. He makes a move action to get to the dead drow, and another action to pick him up.

The Malebranche threatens a 15' radius, not 10. You are still within 15', since you stepped back 5' to I15, though I think you mean L15.Either way,that is in it's threatened area, as it has a 15' reach as a Huge creature.

When you took a 5' step back (from betwee melee and 10, using your reach, i assume), you were still within it's 15' reach. Your next move is leaving it's AofOp range, so it wither has to be a Withdraw or you will get whacked.

Not that I'm trying to kill all of you, that is...

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
ooc:

Uriel said:
The Malebranche threatens a 15' radius, not 10. You are still within 15', since you stepped back 5' to I15, though I think you mean L15.Either way,that is in it's threatened area, as it has a 15' reach as a Huge creature.

When you took a 5' step back (from betwee melee and 10, using your reach, i assume), you were still within it's 15' reach. Your next move is leaving it's AofOp range, so it wither has to be a Withdraw or you will get whacked.

Oh, ok. I don't know the stats for the Malebranche so I was just guessing it had 10' reach.

Uriel said:
Not that I'm trying to kill all of you, that is...

Just some of us :D. That's fine by Nurthrak, every party member killed is just another enemy removed.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Serpenteye said:
Oh, ok. I don't know the stats for the Malebranche so I was just guessing it had 10' reach.

Just some of us :D. That's fine by Nurthrak, every party member killed is just another enemy removed.

OoC:I'm only killing the weaK ones...so far it has been the NPC ones, but that's just because the were tanks and charged the Devil.
Honestly, the thing is listed as CR 9,but I think it is much stronger than that.
Snippet: DR 25/+2... dammit, so manyof these characters had +1 weapons with cool additions like keen instead of a +2. ack. I guess it is CR9, but that little slip cost Jikull his life, since he would have done another 100HP in 4 hits to the thing. Oh well...

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Wizard! Get back here or I'll make sure my sword goes through you before this thing gets me!"
Arngen takes another stab at the demon, wincing at the pain radiating from his wound.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Serpenteye said:
That doesn't look like 3,5e... Damage Resistances were reduced greatly in the new edition.

OoC:Nope, the MMII hasn't been converted yet. I'm pretty horrified at how big it's DR is. Is there a conversion chart somewhere?
PS:You guys aren;t suppossed to kill it easily, but it's pretty much going to slay you all at this point :O

Edit:Ok, I compared a few Devils. The Malebranche has the same numbers as the Pit Fiend. All of the Devils DRs have been reduced by 10 points.

It's DR is Now 15/good, which means...it has taken a bit more damage. I'll edit that into my post as soon as figure it out, since it will be taking more damage from the Celestial Hippogryphs,Gentaria and Jikull, but less from those of you with +2 or better weapns (which will suffer a 1-HP hit so to speak.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
ooc: Wonderful :) I'm not sure Nurthrak would have acted the same way as he did the past 2 rounds under these new circumstances (drawing his weapons and withdrawing from the fight), but I guess we can't mess with the continuity too much.

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: I though the monsters from MM2 were covered in the conversion booklet available from Wizard's site. Unless, of course, my mind is letting me down again.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Grolvus and Jikull hack and slash at the Devil, cutting it in numerous places.
The Malebranche falls to it's knees, then to the floor. You have the feeling that it isn't exactly finished,however. The Hippogryph continues to savage the Devil, even as you all notice what happens next at the Door.

The remaining Celestial Hippogryph movs to attack Nurthrak, who easily tears the thing apart, savoring the taste of it's Holy Flesh.

The Silver Door glows for a moment and then falls free of it's placement upon the wall, it shrinks down to a miniature version of itself about 6" tall. Wesellu stands before the Portal, looking into something beyond, as if the doorway still went somewhere.

the Ceiling begins to shake and chunks of stone begin pelting down from above. It would seem that either the slaying of the Fiend or the removel of the Door has triggered something unpleasant (or perhaps the both in tandem)...

Enraela, close to the door, suddenly becomes visible as a chuk of rock hits her <9HP>.
Gentaria dodges the falling rock, coming to the Doorway, her blades out, protecting her wounded sister.

Nurthrak, Arngen and Grolvus also dodge the rock.

OoC:So, run for the door or loot bodies...?

OoC:Ref saves DC 18 every round to avoid 3D6 crushing damage.

Last edited:

Remove ads