• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UaVS] The Silver Door IC

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Arngen stabs, but alas, the Devil's formidable hide protects it frm his blow.

Enraela casts Invisibility[/I on herself.

The first Celestial Hippogryph attacks, hitting with both claws (18-DR=6,2nd did no damage)

The second Celestial Hippogryph missed.

Gentaria is up again...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Ok, Gentaria on Auto...Post your actions, guys...

IC:Gentaria performs a Withdrawl,stepping back 20'.

Serpenteye

First Post
ooc: Does the malebranche look like it is nearly dead and could fall to another round of attacks before its intiative comes up again?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Serpenteye said:
ooc: Does the malebranche look like it is nearly dead and could fall to another round of attacks before its intiative comes up again?

Um...no. It looks not the least bit worried,actually...sorry.

Serpenteye

First Post
Nurthrak looks around with a distasteful sneer on his lips. The Bitch Queen is gone, her little sister and pet wizard are fleeing and one of her lapdogs is dead. I'm not going to die for this, I should flee too. But I cannot leave this fiend alive behind me or he's going to track me down and destroy me. Or will he? He was not with the Cessulli when I saw them on the Dam, I doubt he's an ally of theirs. Perhaps he's a guardian, bound here to protect the Door, unable to leave this room? The only known entrance is guarded by an army of spectres, there has got to be another way out this dungeon. What's behind that accursed Silver Door? Perhaps it's time to find out, I cannot let the Wizard take all the treasure for himself.

Nurthrak spits, takes a few steps to the south and picks up the Double Sword wielding Drow he killed earlier, tossing him over his shoulder. He might have something of value, or make an acceptable snack. Then he heads for the Silver Door as quickly as possible, staying out of the Malebranche's reach.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Grolvus looks on nervously at the melee after applying the oil. Again he takes a deep breath, grits his teeth, and reenters the fray. He attempts to flank the Malebranche, and strike it where it looks most vulnerable.

Caliber

Explorer
Wesellu spares a momentary glance back to his commrades as the Malenbrache swing passes a little too close for comfort.

They better keep it busy long enough. I don't have the energy left to face that beast on my own ...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Grolvus Charges again from the rear, stabbing his blade into the Malebranche <22HP including Sneak>.

Nurthrak Withdraws from the melee, moving to the Drow killed earlier.

Jikull continues to hack at the Devil , hitting once <20 HP>.

Wesellu is up...
OoC:Is Wesellu pening the Door?

Arngen 14
Enraela 13
Celestial Hippogryph #2 13
Gentaria 11

Last edited:

Caliber

Explorer
Instinctively, Wesellu reaches out to swing open the Door. The sounds of the dead and dying fade from his ears. The smell of the burning devil and the stinking troll fade from his nose.

The DOOR filled his vision, and as everything else fades back, it is all he can see.

For how long had this Door haunted his dreams? Now, finally, he would see what lay on the other side ...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Wesellu reaches out, pulling on the ring-handle of the Door...showing a solid grey field where a room or corridor would be.

The World shifted, Wesellu's perceptions askew, as if he had eaten of the pale red mushrooms that some took to escape Reality...his vision distorting and his ears abuzz, blocking out all else save for the thrumming pulse of his own Heart.Beyond the Door...There was no beyond the Door, no prize...
Wait, the grey was changing, showing a picture,pictures...

...a Forge where Duergar worked tirelessly on arms and armor...
...the side of a Riverbank, flying fish leaping for buzzing insects...
...an intolerably bright scene, the upper World, some city of bright lights and noise...
...the Heart of a dark cavern, a huge Draconic form atop a massive pile of Treasure, looted over many Ages...
...the walls of Thelaru'acli, the Lerondyl Forest in the foreground...
...the courtyard of the House Ferach...guards practicing at arms...
...the throne Room of House Ferach, the Duchess drumming her fingers impatiently...

Wesellu found that he could control where the Door showed, focusing on his Chambers in the compound, the familiar sight of his bedroom comforting him...

Wesellu snapped out of his Reverie. The Door hid no Treasure, it was the treasure. It was a Portal that allowed passage between places, anywhere viewed, the ability to move countless troops instantly. With such a Thing, House Ferach could rule Thelaru'acli...perhaps the entirety of the Underdark...

Last edited:

Remove ads