Undine the Sea

Rystil Arden

First Post
*After everyone is finished eating, Alicia leads them back to the meeting with Rayne and Xanthar.*

"Greetings to the Hendrallian expedition. Ms. Thalask, we would like to thank you again for your part in showing Hendrallian support for our mission," Rayne greets them.

"I feel that it is no less than my duty," Alicia replies.

"I see. Well, the Shard is being held by the Merfolk. It isn't clear where they have it, but someone who knows will certainly be found in their capital city of Amalthea."

"This is where I have some advice. Visit first the Grand Temple of Galatea on the shores of the great ocean. I have no doubt that they will know some magic that can be of use to you."

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"This is where I have some advice. Visit first the Grand Temple of Galatea on the shores of the great ocean. I have no doubt that they will know some magic that can be of use to you."
Babette fidgets with her backpack as she speaks, "Do you know how that'll work? I'm afraid I'm not terribly well equipped to go underwater."

ooc: Just my luck, I load up on a bunch of scrolls before an underwater adventure. :mad:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, unfortunately, we knew it wouldn't be easy. It should not be too bad, though, hopefully," Xanthar offers, "With the help of the clerics of Galatea, you will surely be able to breathe underwater and the like."

Amaury

First Post
the merfolk.. are they the fish-men? those who can swim and breath underwater? hum.. Jallembo thinks a bit worried.

"Yes we will need some help to swim..err.. underwater... But I wonder why these priest would want to help us and moreover how we will convince the merfolk to release the Shard.. Jallembo says, kind of lost in his thoughts.

"But first, we need to reach that Temple.. Anyone knows how far we are from our destination?" he asks.

Dargon

First Post
At the dinner table:
Ximix said:
Though he tries to remain inscrutable, the priest does seem a bit relieved to be moving on. Turning to Nura, his eyes linger on her spellbook. "I studied arcane magic for a time, I almost entered my apprenticeship before I was called to Gliran. I still feel keenly interested in the arcane, which of course is alright as my god is the Arcane... " The Elf seems to really focus on this, coming more alive in these words than he's shown thus far, even in his defensive speeches. "I have the capability to utilize minor magics, such as first tier spells from scrolls, and will eventually be able to cast spells and activate devices beyond that level. I feel called to serve Gliran to be sure, yet my interest lies in the working of arcane spells. I would be happy to discuss theory and application some time, of course I'm still quite ignorant of the craft, yet if you find you have time and interest, I'd be grateful." His genuine smile matches the gleam of interest in the priests eyes as they wander from Nura's face to the spellbook and back again.

“I would like that very much. This is going to be a long trip so I believe their will be plenty of time for that.” Nura says and here eyes sparkles you might have the felling that the only thing holding Nura back is the fact that you at the moment has something a tiny bit more important to discuss . “I am not yet convinced in some of the more widely accepted theories within the lore of magic. There is simply to much uncertainty. Before we get home both of us will be a lot wiser and I shall try the best I can in support of you studies in the arcane part “
"As I see it their is a lot that depend on the cooperation with the clerics of Galatea. Is it correct that they must not know about the shard." All the talk about being under water has made Nura a bit thoughtfull and she has often been casting glances at here spellbook.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"As I see it their is a lot that depend on the cooperation with the clerics of Galatea. Is it correct that they must not know about the shard."

"It would be best if you did not tell them, for their own sakes if nothing else, as the cult could then torture them for the information. But these are the kind of people who be absolutely delighted if you said that you wanted to experience the joys of interacting with your brethren under the sea and increase friendship, trade, and diplomatic ties. Good and happiness and pixie dust and ponies and the like. In fact, of the four prime elemental deities, Galatea is the one who represents good."

covaithe

Explorer
Gaius Corvinus

Earlier:
Alicia said:
"Ah yes, yes, Gaius. Please take a seat."
Corvinus winces slightly, and says, "Please, call me Corvinus if you would, or Gaius Corvinus if you wish to be formal. In the tradition in which I was raised, the first name alone is only used by..." He colors slightly. "Ah, well, let's just say we don't know each other that well yet."

Now:
Corvinus frowns, not liking the sound of an undersea expedition, but willing to see what kind of plan will allow the group of surface-dwellers to be effective there.

Amaury

First Post
"Good, so the priests can be supportive.. they may be a pricetage to it, but they could help.. Now, what about the distance? How far is it? Maybe we need to equip ourselves.." Jallembo suggests.

Remove ads