• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unorthodox modern goths? How about a RPG on Subcultures instead?

Nyaricus said:
And pretty much the epitome of awesomeness! This about it, they (the Metal God PrC, which I assume you are talking about) would have abilities like Penetrating Waves of Sonic Awesome, which would create two effects: they would be rendered temporarily deaf for 3d6 hours after their performance ended, and they would all gain the effects of Inspire Courage as a bard of their Metal God level + 15.

Think about it.

\mm/ <---- Too much metal for one hand. More like Deaf for 3d6 days!

Relique du Madde said:
The scare thing about gothic lolitas are that I've seen several which were a few accessories away from looking like a "gothic clown (all they needed was a clown nose and big floppy shoes)."

Oh man... given the book titles that were posted earlier.... ::shudder::

Oh dear, the gothic Swiss Miss milkmaid look. :\

More prestige classes ideas I would add would be:
-Stoner (For Hippies and some Metalheads)
-Skankster
-Skater
-Krusty (or maybe that should replace Anarchist Punk)
-Noise Terrorist (For Rivetheads)

Anyways now I'm thinking about feats, some ideas would be:
-Circle Pit
-Wall of Death
-Thrash
-Straight-Edge (requirement for the Straight-Edge Vegan prestige class, and you are instantly disqualified from this if you have any drug-related feats)
-Acid Insight
-E-Tard (Or should this be a Prestige Class instead?)
-Snub in the Scene

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Add in the following classes:
Cosplayer (this *might* be a prereq to become a gothic lolita)
Furry
Conspriacy Theorist (they cna be a "bard like" or lore-master like class)

Feats
drug tollerance (it should give a bonus to fort saves but it paradoxily reduces your con ability score).
Junkie's intutiton (gives a conditional bonus to First Aid rolls when you are trying to find a vein/artery or when trying to determin the effects of narcotics)
Aura of Indifference (NPCs always have an indifferent attitude towards you)
Aura of Provocation - Flaw (Npcs are always treat you as being one attitude catagory worse if they are not part of your subculture)

painandgreed

First Post
MaxKaladin said:
Said nephew does not wear girl's pants and is evidently not an emo, but he does wear his pants halfway down his butt with his underwear sticking out. I have no idea what subculture that's supposed to be.

That's pretty much an urban youth/gangster thing, supposedly come from that jails take you belts away when you get locked up. From there it's spread out, I'm sure but the interest in cars with lights and probably other bling is right there also. I remember when i first saw it as a punk rocker in the late 80's early 90's with a green mohawk and ripped jeans, because I thought it was so stupid because it obviously was not conductive to fightning or running which were criteria for all the clothing I wore.

Exotic punk rock weapon would be the Fighting Belt. You take your run of the mill bondage belt, fit the biggest padlocks you can find in the back, add spikes, maybe a chain or barbed wire. Wear loose hanging around the waste. If you get in a fight you can take it off real quick, double it up and use it as a bludgeoning weapon (bludgeoning/peircing if spikes are added).

MaxKaladin

First Post
painandgreed said:
That's pretty much an urban youth/gangster thing, supposedly come from that jails take you belts away when you get locked up. From there it's spread out, I'm sure but the interest in cars with lights and probably other bling is right there also.
Hmm, ok. My nephew the gangster.

So is that a new base class then? "Gangster" (or "Gangster Wannabe")?

Remove ads