• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unorthodox modern goths? How about a RPG on Subcultures instead?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
MaxKaladin said:
Hmm, ok. My nephew the gangster.

So is that a new base class then? "Gangster" (or "Gangster Wannabe")?

gee did noone read my first post:( - already mentioned Gansta and B-Boy

I'd suggest Gansta Wannabe as the base class with 'Real Gansta' as a feat (a real Gansta has had jail time).

B-Boy/B-Girl is a dancing bard (dervish like perhaps)

Ganstas and B-Boys get their own secret language, being a dialect of 'Ebonics'

Nyaricus

First Post
painandgreed said:
I remember when I first saw it as a punk rocker in the late 80's early 90's with a green mohawk and ripped jeans, because I thought it was so stupid because it obviously was not conductive to fightning or running which were criteria for all the clothing I wore.
That last part is amazing :lol::lol::lol:

cheers,
--N

Tonguez said:
gee did noone read my first post:( - already mentioned Gansta and B-Boy

I'd suggest Gansta Wannabe as the base class with 'Real Gansta' as a feat (a real Gansta has had jail time).

B-Boy/B-Girl is a dancing bard (dervish like perhaps)

Ganstas and B-Boys get their own secret language, being a dialect of 'Ebonics'
Gangsta would more or less be a base class, but there could be a Real Gangsta prestige class.

Prestige classes would be B-Boy and Playa.

Last edited:

Some black metal related feats for metalheads would be:
Gr1m
Misanthropic
Curse of the Forest Troll
Son/Daughter of the Bleak Cold North
Lord/Lady of Darkness
Corpse Paint

MaxKaladin said:
I'm obviously out of the loop.

I thought I knew what a 'goth' was, but when my teenage niece showed up for Christmas dressed like a goth, she haughtily informed me she was 'emo'. Evidently being 'emo' involves boys wearing girl's pants because she proceeded to have a long conversation with my nephew about it and whether boys at their respective schools do it or not. Said nephew does not wear girl's pants and is evidently not an emo, but he does wear his pants halfway down his butt with his underwear sticking out. I have no idea what subculture that's supposed to be. Based on this limited evidence, I can only conclude that your pants and how you wear them determine your subculture now.

Here's one sorry fact, anyone who's under the age of 18 and claims to be a "_____" is usually just a poser, and if they're not then they're a newbie to the scene.

Remove ads