Unpopular Geek Media Opinions

Ryujin

Legend
I mean, you're not wrong. But it did have a few good episodes in there. It just had a LOT of terrible episodes.

How about this-

The first two seasons of Strange New Worlds are the best first two seasons of any Star Trek since TOS.
Katherine "Ramming Speed" Janeway has to be the worst captain in Star Fleet but, on rewatch, I realized that the episodes featuring Seven of Nine dealt with the best subjects. I missed it, first time around, because I was too busy decrying "Borgwatch."

That SNW is the best Trek since TOS is something I would more call a popular opinion.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Katherine "Ramming Speed" Janeway has to be the worst captain in Star Fleet but, on rewatch, I realized that the episodes featuring Seven of Nine dealt with the best subjects. I missed it, first time around, because I was too busy decrying "Borgwatch."

That SNW is the best Trek since TOS is something I would more call a popular opinion.

Is it, though? There are a lot of TNG and DS9 ride or die fans out there.

And the TNG fans often forget just how dire most of the first three seasons are.
And the DS9 fans forget that while it wasn't as dire during the first two seasons, it was still definitely finding its feet.

Thourne

Hero

And the TNG fans often forget just how dire most of the first three seasons are.
And the DS9 fins forget that while it wasn't as dire, it was still finding its feet.
TNG season one is horrid except for like 2 good episodes. So, totally not lost on all fans.
DS9 started stronger but was still a slow build to good.

MGibster

Legend
I kind of resent the fact that they added her to the show to bring sexy back and she ended up being one of the best characters on the show. Of course saying she was one of the best is damning with faint praise.

Ryujin

Legend

And the DS9 fans forget that while it wasn't as dire during the first two seasons, it was still definitely finding its feet.
TNG hasn't really aged well and when it was new, I commented frequently to friends on the rehashed TOS storylines. DS9 can still carry water for the franchise. I think that SNW is just elevated a bit.

Remove ads