Unusual Sandwiches

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Definitely classic and not unusual. Corned beef and pastrami at Manny's Deli in Chicago. Very nice!

PXL_20230414_165842853.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
I want to say just over $20s for the soup and sandwich? (Before drink, tax, and tip.)

Tips 20%? Chea compared to NYC prices. Probably to salty for me.

With tip it's about the same price ad a steak meal here. We don't really tip Herr (rarely exceptional service or American waitress who makes great coffee).

Haven't seen pastrami sandwiches like that here.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I recall a sandwich I liked from my youth:

Cream Cheese
Cucumber
Watercress

I think the recipe was on an animated British children's show that PBS broadcast here in America, though I'm not 100% on that.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Zardnaar

Legend
View attachment 282023

Budweiser?

I’m in the USA and don’t drink the big label American beers. But I also know some are better in other countries. Is it decent where you are?

Buds OK . I buybit occasionally. There's a bottle store beside the fish and chip shop and it was cheap. Other options were Heineken and sone crappy NZ beer.

Doesn't gave a huge amount of flavour which makes it easy to drink/share. Also I'm petty at times and seeing the bs drama in USA about Bud light. Keeps cousin happy as well.

Doesn't have that nasty skunk or bitter taste. Pizza and fish and chips for the group.

My burger was odd though didn't really work with the steak and egg. Normally only have pineapple in a beef patty, egg, bacon burger so I messed up
Was still nice though at least. The burgers $4 usd or something so can't complain.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Been cooking again. The main show is my 3rd attempt to emulate my recently deceased maternal aunt’s secret glazed ham recipe.

And tonight, I tried doing something a little different with it- some mini-ham sandwiches, and using the glaze as a dipping sauce.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Went to the Farmers’ Market today before brunch, and had a tasty one using some of my new purchases.

Black Forest ham
caramelized onion cheddar
toasted sourdough
yellow mustard
garlic aiolI
basil-garlic spread
tabouli
radish sprouts

Remove ads