Unusual Sandwiches

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Monte Cristo sandwich is a little piece of heaven. It's a ham, turkey, and cheese sandwich that is batter dipped, deep fried, powdered with sugar, and served with raspberry preserves. You know, health food. There were two places in my area that had this on the menu and one of them recently closed for good. The other restaurant has an okay Monte Cristo, but the rest of their menu sucks so I can't take my wife there. Sadly, I don't know when I'll get to have a Monte Cristo again.

View attachment 265548
Never warmed up to them myself, but I know a few people who would almost kill for a good one!

Mad_Jack

Legend
Getting rid of some random stuff I had lying around last night resulted in me tossing shredded rotisserie chicken breast, corn, onions and a package of onion soup mix into some mashed potato flakes...

Today I decided to put some of it between a couple pieces of toast...

It would have been nicer if I'd had thick-cut bread and some cheese to melt on it, but it wasn't bad.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was watching a show on Food Network and featured several Thanksgiving themed dishes, including sandwiches. One that was turkey, dressing, gravy, and cranberry sauce (and probably other stuff) on a toasted hoagie.

I flirted with experimental sandwich making today’s breakfast. I had thawed an unlabeled container from my freezer, and it turned out to be some kind of pineapple purée. I was going to pair it with ham and swiss on sourdough, but…just couldn’t be bothered this morning. Maybe tomorrow.

Zardnaar

Legend
Hmmnnn

IMG_20221110_150312.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
I was watching a show on Food Network and featured several Thanksgiving themed dishes, including sandwiches. One that was turkey, dressing, gravy, and cranberry sauce (and probably other stuff) on a toasted hoagie.

A lot of places around here have some variation of that kind of sandwich available for Thanksgiving, usually on regular bread, though.

Remove ads