• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unusual Sandwiches

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Damn, now I have to go out and find this.
Boar’s Head makes an onion Monterrey Jack, which is pretty good. But the caramelized onion cheddar is better, IMHO. The only one I know of comes from Dietz & Watson, which is sold at Albertson’s & Tom Thumb where I live.

Since I found it, it’s become one of my workhorse cheeses. I use it sliced on cold & hot sandwiches, especially faux cheesesteaks. And a couple weeks ago, it was one of a trio of cheeses I cubed for use in a beef pasta salad.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Some crisp bread with cheese, Cherry tomatoes, salt + pepper

Attachments

• IMG_20230427_210132.jpg
    IMG_20230427_210132.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 58

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We’re hosting a friend as she recuperates from knee-replacement surgery (she lives alone, soooo…), and she has introduced me to a new one. Her favorite sandwich is:

Peanut butter & mayonnaise. On non-toasted bread.

If I’m honest, mayonnaise probably doesn’t taste all that dissimilar to butter in this context, and I have occasionally buttered my toast when making various kinds of PB sandwiches. But there’s a reason I only do that occasionally- it’s just not my preferred flavor combo.

So, while I’m not judging, I’m also not giving this one a shot.

Remove ads