Up from the Dust: IC

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Larris begins to rouse from the stuppor of shock that has held him fast up until now. From his place near the back of the train of cars he watches the little demon's actions with a certain amount of detachment and then sudden realization. Panic rises in his chest. Then the calmness that has served him well on so many battle fields comes to him. A memory surfaces--a tent, the aftermath a of a battle a friend dying on a cot, a screaming camp follower, a sweating midwife. She calls to Larris, "soldier, hold her down, it is a difficult birth." Later after the babe has arrived, "Soldier, your dagger, cut the umbilical between the knots." What could it mean? He probes the strange yet now familiar dark hardness in his navel first with his fingers and then with his mind.

OOC: Init. (1d20+2=18)

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
Init: 8

Alternately howling like a banshee and screaming like a frightened three year old, Vargo is obviously both enjoying the ride and terrified out of his skull.

kyloss

First Post
Airole init 13
"What does that do? or what did he do? And why Did Everyone get so nervous all of a sudden?" as she looks around quite confused. (never seen a train before much less a rollercoster but sofar its been fun.)

Mad Hatter

First Post
Imps! Nothing good can come of this. Long lines, odd tentacled things, and capped by a ride on some odd machine. Oh well, this will be entertaining.

Ganshinji has seen and done alot, but this is one of those stories that must be told religiously to any who would listen, that is if he can remember it. After his initial "what in the heavens?" reaction, he is feeling decidedly pumped and ready to do something.

Well, Adauth, it seems trouble follows us like the plague. No worries, my friend, I'm right behind you!

Initiative: 20, my DEX is 18.

Last edited:

mps42

First Post
What is this place and where is the afterworld? This is not what I had envisioned at all... There are people and... *things* that I would never have considered possible. And why would I, a devout follower, be in the same world as that leather-winged monstrosity?
Things are definitly not as they should be but, even if I do not understanc, I must believe that Sulos will guide me in this place, even as He did in the last.

"What is this Train? Where does it go? Why must I be on it?" Kal asks as he is thrust into the waiting cars. No answers forthcoming, he grudgingly boards. As the train leaves the platform and rockets into apparent nothingness, his mind begins to reel at the speed and direction changes.
"What is that?" He asks, poining at the imp, "and what is it doing?"

Init: 17 (15+2)

Kelleris

Explorer
OOC: Ashy, is there some specific reason we rolled initiative? Because if it was a "just in case" thing if someone wanted to go PvP on the imp, we can move on with talking to the guy. Otherwise, there's not much of a conversation we can carry on in rotating 6-second combat rounds.

Ashy

First Post
Adauth attempts to cast, but realizes that he has no spells in memory.... Screams, cries and orders are heard as they are cast out from the fourteen passengers upon the surreal roller coaster. The coaster itself banks sharply to the right - there is no doubt in any of your minds that it should have maintained a steady, dead on course.

The imp cackles maniacally...

The coaster takes a sharp drop, making you all catch your breath and begins to pick up speed at an alarming rate. Down , down, down you drop - faster, faster, and faster.... Your eyes begin to tear, water running from them in great rivulets as the wind whips past you at an unbelievable rate.

Suddenly, you see something that makes your heart nearly stop. Far below, the track ramps up slightly and then vanishes. You have time to do little more than scream as the coaster screams down the track, hits the ramp and sends you all flying like some disjointed snake. You soar upwards and outwards and enter into a strange, white fog that completely obscures all of your senses. For a moment, it is as if you are suspended in complete, white, nothingness...

Far off, you hear a loud crash - it sounds horrendous...

When your sight clears, you are all lying on a stark, white ground. The consistency seems somewhat rubbery. As you look up, you see thirteen other individuals around you. Around you is a great expanse of white - as far as the eye can see. On either side of you, in a line stretching into infinity, are plain wooden doors. Each is identical to the other...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Larris
When you concentrated on the umbilical, you got mental flashes of your equipment, your supplies, your warhorses, and so forth...

Nebrios:
ALL of these doors are portals.

Roth:
You hear an alarm in your head - similiar to a klaxon sounding, over and over.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"What's ringing? There's a bell in my head! Can you hear it? I can. It's very loud. I think when bells ring that means you're suppposed to go somewhere. I don't know where though. Perhaps it's through these doors. Let's open one!" Roth says, confusion smoothing out into curiosity. Stepping forward, he opens a door at random.

*Jalen, on the other hand, huddles and shivers for a moment, before gathering herself.*

"Is everyone all right?"

Remove ads