Up from the Dust: IC

Ashy

First Post
mps42 said:
I can thell that this is hte way in... or out... but I can't figure out how to make it open. There's no visible hinges or locks or anything.

I very cautiously reach out to touch the aperature. If nothing immediately happens, I will begin felling around the edges for a catch of some kind.

As soon as you hand comes within six inches of the apature, it irises open silently. You now stand before an open doorway.

mps42 ONLY: [sblock]Listen check please.[/sblock]

Ashy

First Post
The rest of the group exits the cave and ventures out into the freezing cold. It seems to be getting dark here, wherever you are, and it is getting much, much colder. Your breath condenses before your eyes and none of you (not even Grundy) can repress your shudders. Only the white dragon seems undisturbed by the weather.

As you near the structure, you can plainly see Kal standing before one of the apatures, which is now an open doorway. A wan, weak light issues forth from the portal, vainly pushing back the gathering darkness...

Kelleris

Explorer
Noticing the change, Adauth keeps an eye on anyone he thinks would be willing to listen and makes sure that they keep alert and keep their weapons readied, exhorting them in terse phrases to avoid staring at the snow too intensely or to hold their sword in a higher stance.

OOC - Adauth activates his minor and major marshal's auras, granting a +4 bonus to Initiative and Dex-based skills and a +1 bonus on melee attack rolls to anyone who indicated their willingness to listen to his suggestions without taking offense at the brief commands.

Last edited:

mps42

First Post
Ashy said:
As soon as you hand comes within six inches of the apature, it irises open silently. You now stand before an open doorway.

Ashy [sblock] Listen: Roll=10+ skill 2 + wisdom 1 = 13 [/sblock]

Kelleris

Explorer
Adauth Mirorwyn, Bard 8/Marshal 3

Ashy, what's the time delay here? I guess whichever character belongs to mps42 will have a few minutes to get into trouble before we arrive?

Ashy

First Post
Kelleris said:
Noticing the change, Adauth keeps an eye on anyone he thinks would be willing to listen and makes sure that they keep alert and keep their weapons readied, exhorting them in terse phrases to avoid staring at the snow too intensely or to hold their sword in a higher stance.

OOC - Adauth activates his minor and major marshal's auras, granting a +4 bonus to Initiative and Dex-based skills and a +1 bonus on melee attack rolls to anyone who indicated their willingness to listen to his suggestions without taking offense at the brief commands.

Everyone that follows Adauth's direction begins to feel quicker and lighter on their feet - their weapons lighter and keener...

Ashy

First Post
mps42 said:
Ashy [sblock] Listen: Roll=10+ skill 2 + wisdom 1 = 13 [/sblock]

Kal: [sblock]The banging from below has stopped and now you hear what sounds like frantic screaming and yelling...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads