Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

serow

First Post
HP 20/39, AC 16

Seeing the wolf leap over, Ter-raen wonders to himself: why wolf move so slow? Strange! Wolf move faster than this! Some trick? Some magic? But take the chance? Ter-raen must think! Ter-raen not just any brute! Ter-raen is WARRIOR! After mentally weighing all the options to himself in that split second of his enhanced moment of clarity, the half-orc aims for the left eye in the beast's head, a killing blow for most other beasts, a swift and accurate thrust. Everything seems to be moving in slow motion for some reason to him at this moment.

AoO: attack(1d20+8)=28, damage(1d6+6)=9, no need to confirm crit since they're skeletal wolves I guess.

covaithe

Explorer
Round 2

Gildrim's second effort shears half the ribs away and puts a nasty chip in the spine of the nearer skeleton. Ter-raen's precise thrust, while it would have neatly skewered a living wolf, only sends a few bone chips flying from this skeletal monstrosity.

Karm uses the wand to close some of Ter-raen's wounds, and gives Kuma an angry glare as the wolf cowers from its undead counterpart. He moves to the right of the pit, trying to get out of Ter-raen's way. (ooc: Karm was in O15, so he can't step to O17 this turn without an AoO. I've had him step to N16 instead, but if you prefer we can change it later so he goes to O17 and provokes.)

The hulking troll skeleton lurches forward and unleashes a barrage of slashes and bites against the party, but only Ter-raen is hit. (5' step south, claw/claw/bite hits only Ter-raen for 9 damage.)

[sblock=status and initiative]
Wolf skeleton 1 11 damage
Wolf skeleton 2 unharmed
Karm 10/10
Kuma 13/13
Troll skeleton unharmed
Ter-raen 11/39, raging (started in round 1) <== You're up
Gildrim 22/24

Wand: 27 charges left
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
floor0_07.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

serow

First Post
HP 11/39, AC 16

Seeing that his killing blow got so thoroughly deflected by the annoyingly tough skeletal bone, Ter-raen quickly flings his trusty scimitar to his left and in a single (move) action, whips out his mace and completes the rightward swing to where the wolf's head... used to be. Ter-raen never like this mace, bad weight, damn market sale!

Attack (1d20+8)=9, Damage(1d6+6)=8

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: with his readied action, Gildrim moved to between the two wolves in initiative count. So, Wolf 1 goes, then:

"Aye, that's an idea," Gildrim growls. He shifts west, joins Ter-raen in dropping his blade in favour of his morning star, and gives the wolf a decent clout.

OOC: 5' step to O13, drop sword in N12, attack on W2 1d20+5=24, 1d8+3=8

covaithe

Explorer
Round 2, continued

Ter-raen smashes a bit of stone wall near one of the wolves.

Round 3

The damaged skeletal wolf lashes out at Gildrim, teeth snaking just around the dwarf's shield to meet in his ankle. (Hits AC 16 exactly for 3 damage; I'm not missing a bonus or penalty somewhere, am I?)

Gildrim steps away, cursing, and, drawing his morningstar, smashes the other wolf with a solid blow.

The other wolf bites at Gildrim as well, but the dwarf is ready this time and blocks easily. (miss)

Gildrim 19/24
Wolf skeleton 2 8 damage
Karm 10/10 <== You're up
Kuma 13/13
Troll skeleton unharmed
Ter-raen 11/39, raging (started in round 1)

Wand: 27 charges left
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
floor0_08.png
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Karm closes more of Ter-raen's claw scratches with another use of the healing wand. Seeing the wolves take a beating, he calls for Kuma again, to no avail.

OOC: 1d8+1=4; 1d20+7=22 - almost!
Am I right that besides the wall providing cover for Karm, W2 provides cover for Gildrim, and Karm provides cover for Ter-raen, because the troll is making reach attacks?

covaithe

Explorer
(ooc: I think you're right about cover.)

Round 3, continued

Karm heals Ter-raen again and casts a pleading glance towards Kuma, who just whines and puts her nose between her paws.

The troll lashes out, again spraying its sharp appendages around the hallway. Again, it is only Ter-raen who is too enraged to avoid its blows. (ooc: claw/claw/bite hits Ter-raen for 10 damage, misses everyone else.)

Gildrim 19/24
Wolf skeleton 2 8 damage
Karm 10/10
Kuma 13/13
Troll skeleton unharmed
Ter-raen 4/39, raging (started in round 1) <== You're up

Wand: 26 charges left
[/sblock]

[sblock=map (unchanged)]
floor0_08.png