• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

serow

First Post
OOC: I guess the polite thing is to knock first. :D
I would love to try that, only because it's a humourous image!

And in other news, I've got a camp going on tomorrow until the end of the week, most probably won't be checking in here before Sunday.

covaithe

Explorer
Ter-raen, perched on the table, reaches up and wrenches the heavy stone doors open with a shuddering groan of stone on stone. A puff of air escapes, almost shockingly cold against the muggy heat of the swamp, and dry.

The air disturbs enough dust that for a moment, all that can be seen in the chamber is a myriad of flying motes dancing in the cool candlelight. It is only a moment, but that moment is enough; before the party can react, two skeletal wolves dart out of the gloom and snap at Ter-raen. One misses, but the other latches on and tears a dripping chunk of meat from the warrior's shoulder. Behind them looms a much taller skeletal figure, with inhumanly long arm bones and cruel claws.

(ooc: wolf skeleton 1 hits for 7 damage.)

[sblock=Terrain]Ter-raen is 5' below ground level, and enemies get +1 for higher ground on melee attacks against him. However, he has cover from enemies that aren't adjacent. Climbing up is a DC 0 check that provokes AoOs, jumping up doesn't provoke, and is DC 26 to remain upright, or DC 16 to fall prone in the target square. In either case, the target square must be unoccupied.)[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]
initiatives: good guys, bad guys

Wolf skeleton 1 unharmed
Wolf skeleton 2 unharmed
Karm 10/10 <== You're up
Kuma 13/13
Troll skeleton unharmed
Ter-raen 21/33
Gildrim 22/24

Wand: 28 charges left
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
floor0_04.png
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Kuma snarls and shows the whites of his eyes, loath to approach the unnatural things unless his master urges him.

Karm, as ever short of free hands, moves to Gildrim's far side, lets the candle drop at his feet and plucks the healing wand from the dwarf's belt. It's likely he can't see far enough into the chamber to be aware of the grotesque giant figure within.

"Good lad," growls Gildrim, who is.

covaithe

Explorer
Round 1, continued

Karm encourages Kuma, then slips behind Gildrim and retrieves the wand.

The hulking skeleton in the shadows moves forward, and reaches a long claw past the canine skeletons and rips a long gash in Ter-raen's chest. (ooc: hits despite cover for 11 damage. :eek:)

initiatives: good guys, bad guys

Wolf skeleton 1 unharmed
Wolf skeleton 2 unharmed
Karm 10/10
Kuma 13/13
Troll skeleton unharmed
Ter-raen 10/33, cover vs. non-adjacent enemies <== You're up
Gildrim 22/24

[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
floor0_04.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

serow

First Post
HP 16/39, AC 16

Being wounded and hurting, Ter-raen realises that standing right there in this pit is not a good idea. Calling upon a quick moment of clarity then taking a quick look around, he decides upon a direction that seems safest: beside Gildrim!

[sblock=rolls]
Moment of clarity = Rage!
Jump (1d20+15)=21
Hmm, not too sure about the penalties regarding jumping, I recall needing a running start, otherwise -10 or something? Either way, the raw roll is here, please modifiy as appropriate.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Ter-raen dives out of the pit, managing to get his torso onto the ground next to Karm and pull his dangling legs up. He quickly gets to his feet.

(ooc: The jump DCs already included the penalty for not getting a running start. Ter-raen has a standard action left after jumping; I've taken the liberty of having him use it to stand up. However, the space next to Gildrim was where Karm was standing; I actually updated and uploaded the map last time, but forgot to change the link. Here's what it should have looked like: )

[sblock=map]
floor0_05.png
[/sblock]

(ooc: it's the same now, except Ter-raen is standing in O16. Status unchanged; Gildrim's up.)

covaithe

Explorer
Round 1, continued

Ter-raen pulls himself out of the pit.

Gildrim readies.

Round 2

The wolves leap across the corners of the pit to engage the retreating heroes. The one near Gildrim lands safely, just in time to meet the dwarf's blade. It returns the favor, snarling silently before biting at Gildrim. The one near Ter-raen falls short, landing prone on the table. It rights itself, paying no attention to its own safety. (ooc: W2 succeeds and W1 fails their jump checks. Gildrim's readied attack fires on W2. W1 falls prone and then stands, provoking AoOs from Gildrim and Ter-raen (and Karm, if he has a melee weapon, which I don't think he does). G and T get +1 for high ground and W1 takes -4 to AC on those attacks for being prone. Assuming Gildrim doesn't kill it outright, W2 attacks Gildrim, missing.)

Wolf skeleton 1 unharmed
Wolf skeleton 2 unharmed
Karm 10/10 <== You're up
Kuma 13/13
Troll skeleton unharmed
Ter-raen 16/39, raging (started in round 1)
Gildrim 22/24

[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
floor0_06.png
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim's blade skitters uselessly off the bare bones of the nearer wolf. Adjusting his grip, he delivers a crushing blow to the skeleton on the table.

Karm prods Ter-raen with the wand and edges away to give the half-orc more room to swing. He shouts for Kuma to attack, but the wolf will not bite the undead thing. Karm gives himher a sharp command to back down instead and the animal slinks a little way away, looking as ashamed as a wolf can.

OOC: Gildrim's attack on W2: 1d20+6=24, 1d8+4-5=0; AoO on W1 1d20+7=25, 1d8+4-5=7; CLW 1d8+1=4; Handle Animal 1d20+7=11; Karm 5' step to O17; Kuma withdraws to P8. The character sheet is inconsistent, but I think Kuma is female.

Last edited:

Remove ads