• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

reapersaurus

Explorer
(It's Vych - I did it again.....oh well)
She's adorable Shali! My little boy's hair was that color when he was born. It's gotten more golden over the last 2 years, though he's still definitely a toe-head.

Last edited:

Catulle

Hero
I can only say, as I sit in my room surrounded by Dali prints and with the strains of Lakme reverberating about me, that the last link Kitana provided really hit a nerve with me over on this side of the pond. Thanks. Given the circumstances, Puccini's work has never felt more malevolent, yet so beautiful, than it did in that short space of time.

Bravo,

Barry

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Thank you, Barry. I'm glad it provided you with the right stimulus to really get into the moment.

Lakme...now there's a possibly ironic opera with some arias I could use for a couple scenes as well.

One of these days I need to actually make non-tragic characters...

reapersaurus

Explorer
Finally got to this.

Catulle - now that Qadir's at the diner, Nikolai's really pressed for opportunities to feed (and he's at 4 blood pool! :eek: ).
The bum seems the most likely target, unless I go outside for some random victim.

However, how would a feeding off the bum work?
Bum visibly goes in bathroom, Nikolia follows, feeds.
a) bum is rendered unconscious by the attack. Nikolai leaves. Bum is found, and reports attack, including description of Nikolai from others in diner.
b) bum is only snacked on. (Only 3 blood points, right?) This leaves Nik with only 7 blood pool, and still has the problem of how to explain away bum's memory (well, I guess he's drunk, so no problems there - wee! Nik'll have a good night) ;)
c) bum is killed by Nik, taking ~10 blood. Nik's humanity is low enough to do it, but I'd prefer that he reserve murder for the active pursuit of power, not the day-to-day drive of blood consumption.
Plus, what the hell to do with the body, and how to get out of the diner unseen, etc.

Pardon my ignorance and blatant discussion oabout something I'd rather be roleplaying out, but I'm kind of at a temporary quandry.
Help, anyone?

P.S. What is happening to the stats in the Rogue's Gallery?
Is someone using Dominate 3: The Forgetful Mind here? ;)

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Use one of your blood pebbles or whatever they are. I doubt Qadir really wants to wait around, he was probably just trying to be polite, which is probably hard for the man, so don't abuse it :p

Well thats my thoughts on the subject.

Catulle

Hero
Re: Feeding (the 'cottaging' method)

Mechanically, if Nik can get up to his victim from behind and get those teeth in, he's set. If he takes enough blood to stun the guy (his stamina rating in blood in a single turn), he'll remain dazed for a turn (3 seconds to 2 minutes) after; ample time to make a getaway... if not, taking enough to render him woozy (about 5) and leaving by shoving him into a cubicle could be the best bet.

It's worth noting that the ecstasy of the Kiss is all that most mortals will recall of the experience itself, which creates trouble for reporting Kindred to the police (and how many street people would go to the police under these circumstances, anyway?).

Of course, for extra certainty Gabriel's Mesmerize power could prove useful ("Tell nobody of this incident.")

Oh, vampires can take up to 3 blood per turn while feeding (I wasn't sure if I'd mentioned that yet)

Regards,

Barry

PS - I think everybody deserves another XP point by this stage...

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
thanks for the mechanics of feeding there, Barry.
It helped me to get some posts up.

Ash - sorry I hadn't posted up till now after having Gabe spill his guts there. LOL

Question : what are the mechanics of feeding from blood that is not from a person?
(i.e. the blood in the decanter the Montagues have)
I seem to remember something about stored blood being less potent (less blood points per unit than fresh blood)...?

Shalimar

First Post
Question : what are the mechanics of feeding from blood that is not from a person?(i.e. the blood in the decanter the Montagues have)
I seem to remember something about stored blood being less potent (less blood points per unit than fresh blood)...?

Don't worry about it, this blood doesn't lose potency. As a matter of fact, this blood was surprisingly potent. There are no game effects to drinking old blood, just that its less tasty (according to page 140 of the rule book) this blood by the book would actually provide 2 points for everyone drunk. I am sure you can geuss what I mean.

Shalimar

First Post
Jemal, and everyone really, can we not post Out of Character in the In Character forum, it is very distracting and takes away from the feel of it. Thats why we have this forum, to post ooc stuff in.

I would also like to ask if you could leave your signature out jemal, it is rather large, and it has the same effect as the OOC portions of posts.

KitanaVorr

First Post
well if we're posting requests now - lol - can everyone not use color in their post? Its actually rather difficult to read at times and is pretty distracting.

thanks!

Remove ads