{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

Vychtorya

First Post
Hey there! Welcome to the story Krizzel. :)

Was the link supposed to be for a song by Cake? Gotta love that band! Not to mention they are from my home town! :)

Last edited:

Catulle

Hero
Woo hoo!

Well, I chatted with a friend who sorted out my DNS issues by tracing the IP adress through the DOS box (now does anybody know whet that means?). All praise to Dan, though!

I'll keep this brief since I'm exhausted and catch up tomorrow from work if I get an spare hour;

I think Shalimar's notion is probably the most practical option. I don't think we'll lose out on any of the fireworks later, but by explaining the loss of initiative with the sheer surprise of the moment we'll retain legibility, if not elegance, and maintain the flow. As ever, though, it's your game, and I'm simply laying out my preferred course.

Krizzel - I figured you might be over here as you seemed to be online at about the same times as me, and had similar access issues (possibly, probably not with hindsight).

Regards,

Barry

Jemal

Adventurer
As to the colours debate, I personally hate coloured text (Other than classic RED) As in most cases it's impossible for me to read unless I copy+Paste it into a word file, and then alter the color. Red, orange, and some blues are readable, but the ones that I've seen that are used most commonly are not for me, so I'll have to vote against colours.

I'ld also like to say that Vychs... exit... has indeed had a few side effects. I'm going to assume, for now, that the Shock of the moment prevented anyone from responding, meaning that unless someone tells me otherwise, I'll be ignoring Shal's "YOU can't be mean to her" speech, and assuming she started yelling at Vychs back as she left or some such thing, or perhaps was just thinking that (Sorry Shal, I'm just really confused at how it's all working out).

Also Barry (Or anyone else who knows) could you post how much XP everyone has gained in total? I've counted up all the "XP point for people" I've seen, but I don't think My total's right.

Shalimar

First Post
Ok, this is going to sound very confused, and slightly upset, but anyway, here goes.

Vych I love that you are being assertive, I really truly do, and I am fine with the fact that you posted that Vych was upset and angry. Loved it, very good writing my compliments. I'm not upset with you Vych, not at all. It just seems Sabrina and Cate are being jerked around and ignored, and denied their fair chance to respond.

The only thing I ask, is that since you went back a bit to reply, that we also be given that same chance. We are not just gonna be able to go on as we did before, because what vych did evoked a response, I know you wanted some conflict in there, so when we answer back, we need to have that chance. Kit and I both posted our responses that would take place before she left.

Its only fair that if we both react to what you did, that everyone respect that and reacts to our response, only fair. So what I would really like, is that our responses be reacted to. I am not editing my response again. I will say out of character that if she is ignored she will have a tantrum at the very least. Ignoring her is the worst thing you could do to Sabrina, ever.

I would say that by the way it was posted, there was ample time for Kit and Sabrina to respond IC as Vych spoke, turned, spoke to jemal, then walked across the room, then the doors closed. It wasn't all instantaneous. But not time enough for us to post.

I would ask that until Barry sorts this out, that Vych, Jemal, Kit and myself not post IC as it will only lead to more of a mess to sort out.

Shalimar

First Post
Here is another thing that I think we all need to discuss out of character. Pacing of the game. For the most part the pacing of the game is great.

But I think some of the problems that have arisen recently are due to the varying speed of posting.

We all need to allow enough time between posts to let the other people affected by our posts time to respond, we are all guilty of this to some degree, all of us, and I admit it myself. But we all need to leave a reasonable amount of time for the reactions of the others in the scene, or we run into problems.

So the question is how long is a reasonable time to wait between posts to allow the other players to react. Personally I feel that 24 hours is a fine length of time to wait. We all seem to post once a day with the exclusion of one or 2 people, so thats fine. What does everyone else think is a reasonable amount of time?

For somethings though, like when it was just Saby and Cate, we were posting quite often back and forth, but that was ok for a few reasons. As far as we knew, we were the only two in the room, hence the only ones affected by our posts. The other reason it was ok, was because we were on IM discussing the scene, so we were going at a speed we were both comfortable with.

I really just want to avoid future issues, so maybe we could all vote and discuss this? What do you think is reasonable?

24 hours
36 hours
48 hours( this is the highest I am personally willing to go, and I would be hesitant on 36 as well, because the game WILL bog down as so many games seem to.)

KitanaVorr

First Post
ok I will refrain from IC posting until Barry chimes in.

as for the pacing

I prefer once per day on the weekdays - and posting on weekends is at your discretion as many people have commitments then. The only reason I want a 1/post per day is because this is primarily a conversational medium.

48 hours is the max for me as any more than that, the game will bog down - conversations will lag - and players will get bored.

But I know that people can get busy, but I think that's fine as long as we let each other know when we'll be unavailable, that would work out great.

KitanaVorr

First Post
ignore this I'm testing something

cars

EDIT:
Well the best way to hear it is to just copy the link into IE and play it. Netscape certainly doesn't like it and linking to it sends to their download website. I can't find a better copy, oh well.

Good song though

Last edited:

Krizzel

First Post

I took the link out of my post because it crashed netscape a couple times when I tried to use it. The song by the way is by Cake - Long Line of Cars. I can't remember the album name but it's a more recent one (their last one I know of). It's not the most perfect song for the scene, but it hit a couple of nice points for me, at least.

Krizzel

First Post
Vychtorya said:
Hey there! Welcome to the story Krizzel. :)

Was the link supposed to be for a song by Cake? Gotta love that band! Not to mention they are from my home town! :)

Thanks, and yep! And very cool about your home town - ever get to see them play?

Remove ads