[Vampire: The Masqurade] A question for those players.

Isida KepTukari

First Post
I have not actually played V:tM, but I did watch the rather good TV series a few years back.

They rather captured my imagination, and so I'm currently using some of those characters (and their types) in some purely personal fan-fiction that I'm writing.

However, I'd like something cleared up from those who are in the know. In the TV show, the vampires could actually go out in the daylight, provided they'd recently fed. Is this consistant with the game, or an invention of the TV producers because they were tired of shooting in the dark all the time? :D

Hi,
No it is not really possible for a vampire to step outside in daylight,(unless completely covered) if they do they take automatic damage each round, which depends on how much of the vampire is exposed. However there is one way to do 'daywalk' but you need to be a really low generation with high Stamina, Fortitude a combination discipline and one other thing which I can't remember. Now that I think about it a Lasombra could cloak its self in Darkness (but that would be a little conspicuous)
Cya:D

bondetamp

First Post
It was a pure invention. I believe wages had something to do with it. A bit expensive to shoot during the night I believe. :)

A V:TM vampire would die within seconds of entering sunlight, even filtered or reflected sunlight.

Zappo

Explorer
Not counting that most of them would find extremely difficult to do anything but sleeping, during daytime, even if protected from the sun.

Enforcer

Explorer
Only the most mega-powered vampires could go out in the sun. We're talking vampires of biblical power here, not your basic Prince of the City. In the game, Caine (Cain from Cain and Abel) was cursed to being a vampire by God for his sin. He created three vampires (2nd generation), those three created a total of thirteen (3rd generation). Those thirteen created the thirteen clans (more than what's depicted in the Kindred: The Embrace tv series).

In the game, the spiffy powers are called disciplines, and the further you're descended from Caine, the less potential you have to develop your disciplines. A good example of who can withstand the sun is the 3rd generation, 10,000+ year-old founder of the Ravnos clan (and if you've only seen the series, you have no idea what I'm talking about). It took three or four eastern vampires of approximately 4th generation power PLUS a group of mages who use their magic through technology (ray-guns and the like) to take him out. The mages, after using spirit-nukes, had to open up four satellites that reflected the full power of the sun to finish him off. No vampire of lesser power could come close to that power--the 3rd generation doesn't have quantifiable statistics, while lesser vampires do.

Really really pathetic vampires, those of the 15th generation, take less damage in the sunlight than others. Of course those vampires are so close to being mortal that they can bear children (and most Camarilla cities allow their Scourge to hunt them down and kill them).

[/ramble off]

If you have any other Vampire questions, let me know.

Ishamael

First Post
Like your avatar pic Enforcer. :D

That said, I'll add something on topic.

Basicly, it ain't gonna happen. A vampire walks into the sunlight and he becomes a crispy critter in no time. Obtenebration isn't going to help. The sun burns away the darkness created by Lasombra.

Don't forget. Vampire, when faced by sunlight, chance devolving into a mental state call Rotchrek (sp?) They freak out and will do ANYTHING to get away. Same with fire to a lesser degree.

And yea, that's assuming he has the Willpower to even be able to stay awake. Very hard to do.

Kesh

First Post
Ishamael said:
Don't forget. Vampire, when faced by sunlight, chance devolving into a mental state call Rotchrek (sp?) They freak out and will do ANYTHING to get away. Same with fire to a lesser degree.

Rötschreck, I beleive. German, roughly translates to 'red terror' (or 'turning red fright' according to Babelfish).

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Kesh said:

Rötschreck, I beleive. German, roughly translates to 'red terror' (or 'turning red fright' according to Babelfish).
Right - even though it's AFAIK not a normal German term (i.e., it's possible, but I think it has no other meaning than this one).

Remove ads