Vasorn, The World Under Dragonfire - Calling all players!

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Pa true enough on the reason for being together... I'm not sure about race but my fondness for a large goblinoid is very hard to resist...

Pity you can't be a cleric, though if we get ahold of enough divine essence, who knows? Maybe you'll get to go one step better than Avatar.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Paxus Asclepius said:
We've got a bunch of dead gods lying around. It's a shame to let them go to waste. Isida, are you planning on using Requiem for a God?
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
With the gods dead and the dragon gods refusing worshippers from the lesser races, the only way to get clerical divine power is through a PrC like those in Malhavoc Press' Requiem for a God (Disaffected with different flavor text or the Harvester of Divinity are appropriate).

PA, does that help any? :) Oh and if their dead and just lying around their really no good to me... :D

DrZombie

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
We've got a bunch of dead gods lying around. It's a shame to let them go to waste. Isida, are you planning on using Requiem for a God?
Requiem for a God?

If we're gonna play a little higher in lvl, will you allow other races from Savage Species?

DrZombie

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
It might be fun initially, but then there's a tremendous timegap between the beginning and the point at which we can actually do anything besides run and hide. It would also take a truly ridiculous amount of planning, and an unusually high post rate, to have even the slightest chance of pulling it off without suspending our disbelief from a rafter with its own belt.
The rulers of the planet are dragons who KILLED GODS. Unless you want to play lvl 20+ characters with some extreme magic we won't really be able to do something besides running and hiding.

It is true that it would take a large amount of planning and posting, but isn't that why we are here? :D

As for the difficulty, after 400 years security might have gotten a bit shoddy, as all the humans and most of the non-humans will be born in slavery and therefore more easily subdued and less rebellious. As an ancient dragon I'd be sure to create different positions and different levels of competivity between my slaves so that they have some reward for being "good", and some punishment for being "bad", and an incentive to betray each other in order to promote or avoid being demoted.

On the other hand, an "underground" rebellion might be cool to play as well, and the underdark is a very versatile setting.

(in a vague way this reminds me of a fantasy setting i read about in a novel called "elvenblood" or sumpthing, where elves rule the world and humanity is enslaved, quite nice)

Whatever you decide, i'd love to play, just let me know what lvl/stat gen/races.
Btw, I'll be away on a romantic weekend with the missus, and therefore unable to post ;).

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dr. Zombie, Kalanyr, glad to have you aboard.

rangerjohn - paladins, as a whole, really don't exist in Vasorn, as they both worship deities and require extensive weapons training. Rangers exist in plenty, though most of them don't know how to use swords and they quickly learn to supress the fact that they have magic at all. It would probably not surprise you at all to learn that most take favored enemy: dragon very early on in their careers.

PrCs I'll be allowing on a case by case basis, but generally there's not going to be a huge amount of them. The places where there still are organizations that have PrCs are either the Underdark, Underwave, or the dragons. Very few PrCs exist outside of those places (though some of the dragon-led and sponsered monster-hunting teams are able to take one common amongst the dragons), aside from those that are also applicable for hunting (such as the Deepwood sniper or Peerless archer).

In the Underdark the Arcane Trickster would be available, as it would be used to infiltrate dragon-controlled cities and free slaves. This is seen as a dangerous profession to say the least. Such a person would call themselves a Cagebreaker.

As for Savage Species, I do not own it, but I might possibly allow something. It depends on what you have in mind. Not all monsters in the MM exist in Vasorn (for example, there are no giants or titans, you don't see celestials, demons, or devils, and there are very little undead creatures, just as a note).

Also, just to be sure, the dragons didn't kill the gods of the lesser races, the dragon gods killed the gods of the lesser races.

Anyway, since we seem to be liking the Underdark, how about 3.5, 8th level, 32 point buy, max HP at first level and 75% thereafter, 13,500gp to spend as you please (no more than half on one item) with a wish list submitted for the other half, and each level of an ECL getting d8 hit points just because I'm a nice DM.

Velmont

First Post
The underdark is pretty good, and the setting to start seems pretty good. If we want, it could start with an escape to the underdark. The idea is not bad, and with dragons, it is easy to create an environement where it is hard to escape. I would even be ready to start naked if we start as escape slaves. Even a 8th level guy who have only a club and some rags will have to run and hide, but it would be easy after that to boost ourselves and become something more active in the resistance.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
If you're interested in that kind of scenario, I have a possibility. Some of you could be workers or supervisors (at 8th level you're about as high as you can go as a non-dragon) in the dwarven and gnome mines, and some of you might be human workers in the village below that provides food to the mines above. Someone might even be one of the halfling traders that coordinates between the two places.

The rest of you would be members of the Underdark resistance. They do a cagebreak in order to get the rest of the party out (along with some others, of course). The former slaves have the insider information about the dragon operations. The freedom fighters have the training and the equipment. Together you guys can strike back at the dragons.

So that's one possibility. :)

Just as a note, elves are pretty rare and half-elves even more so. Very few elves are left, most as slaves and a tiny fraction remain free trying to eke out an existance on the forest fringes. But those that remain are some of the most powerful free druids left.

Last edited:

Remove ads